AQUARIUM IN DRIVERS SIDE FRONT DOOR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana Lynds

Reaction score
Hello Members, Still driving the 2003 2wd 108,000 miles and no sun-roof Sport Trac. All windows have the sun visor to repel the water away from the
top of the windows. My question is how in the world is all this water getting in there? I reside in North Carolina and when it rains it rains. Truck runs
like a dream and only work I've had done was oil change, brakes, stabilizer control link disc rotors, new tires and air compressor. OH, Master Window
Switch, which is why this request for answers. The truck hadn't seen much action the past few years due to a couple of back surgeries. There is some
rust up in the channels on the roof which I have sanded and Primed. Removed Roof Racks to do that area too! Thanks In Advance.... The Right Place
To Get Right Answers All The Time!​

Last edited:
Some times the window seals can be heat hardened. Then leak in heavy rain.
Make sure the drains on the bottom of the doors are open. Sometimes dirt with plug them.

Hello Members, Still driving the 2003 2wd 108,000 miles and no sun-roof Sport Trac. All windows have the sun visor to repel the water away from the
top of the windows. My question is how in the world is all this water getting in there? I reside in North Carolina and when it rains it rains. Truck runs
like a dream and only work I've had done was oil change, brakes, stabilizer control link disc rotors, new tires and air compressor. OH, Master Window
Switch, which is why this request for answers. The truck hadn't seen much action the past few years due to a couple of back surgeries. There is some
rust up in the channels on the roof which I have sanded and Primed. Removed Roof Racks to do that area too! Thanks In Advance.... The Right Place
To Get Right Answers All The Time!​
It can be the window belt moulding. That's the rubber moulding that runs the width of the window on the outside of the glass. The glass runs against it while going up and down. Water getting in isn't really a problem, the water NOT getting out is the problem. On the bottom of the door itself there are small rubber body plugs that can be removed to allow the water to run right through. Sometimes they are just clogged with debris.

Doors are designed in such a way that there is an expectation that water will get in. That is why there is that sheet of plastic behind the trim, to separate the (potentially) wet inside of the door from teh trim and the cabin. Any water that gets in, should find its way out so if there is water sloshing about then the drains must be blocked. Replacing the sweeper bar can't do any harm, but you can never stop water getting in completely.