are these garbage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Would like to get some spacers to bring out the rears even with the front. I DO NOT want to skimp on spacers as they make me nervous as is. Does anyone know what the min. size I would need and a high quality manufacturer? thanks

I checked these out by calling this vendor and almost bought mine from them. I found some from another vendor for less with free shipping. The vendor was ezaccessory who is also located in So. Cal. not far from the vendor you're looking at. Do a search by vendor and check out his ebay store. Both of these vendors have a quality product and are actually located near each other. The adapters are made here in So. Cal. Mine cost $68 plus tax because I live in wonderful tax oriented So. Cal. If you're not in Calif, then you get 'em for $68.

Why would I want to add something that will increase the turning radius? I drive around town alot and the ST already acts like a "land yacht" when it's in parking lots.

Good point Larry, although I didn't know spacers would increase turning radius.

Here's an interesting fact:

Did you know a Chevy Suburban has a tighter turning radius than a Sport Trac?

I don't know why they would want to advertise an increased turning radius but they do look like they are a high quality. You want a billet aluminum spacer because it is stronger. I have 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear and don't have any problems. I also have larger 285/75/16 tires so can't use the spacers on the front. The spacers and 3" wider stance had a big improvement on the handling (and I already had the EE swaybar and Rancho shocks). Mine were bought from AIM industries and I know a few other members bought theirs there too. AIM's are definitely high quality. My two spacers cost $127 total, shipped. Like you I wanted the best and you definitely want to be safe. Just check the spacers about every oil change and you will be fine. Below is a picture of my spacers and there are more in my library.

George

[Broken External Image]:

Did you know my Sport Trac has a tighter turning radius then Theresa's Grand Am GT does.

Tom

Ebin

George has photos in his library, which I have linked for you.

Perhaps they mention a tighter turn radius, since if you put spacers on the front of some vehicles, it will reduce/eliminate the rubbing in tight turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they ad copy was poorly written and they meant a smaller turning radius, since they mean to prompte the benefits of spacers.

From their web site:

Wheel Spacers

Increase overall axle width & turning radius with Trail Sport's Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacer Kits.

Unless there is a benefit to an increased turning radius that I don't know about (I'm not an off-roader), I agree wiith what Nelson stated: "...if you put spacers on the front of some vehicles, it will reduce/eliminate the rubbing in tight turns" allowing you to turn tighter.

Latest posts