Armor All Custom Shield Coating

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les C

Reaction score
Hey Guys ... for those of us w/Gen 2 Adrenalins and the lack of availabily of a bra that fits it's unique front fascias here's the latest product on the market that might fit the bill. It's Armor All Custom Shield Coating and I know it's available at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores. It comes in clear, black & white.

For sometime now I've been using Dupli-Color Shield Temporary Spray-On Bra Protection or Rain-X Bug & Tar Protective Shield, but both of those products have become harder to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good wax job will help in this department as well. I generally wax the front of my vehicles (hood and front clip) every wash to protect my paint and make it a little easier to scrape those PITA bugs off. Some people seem to not really like Armor All but in my experience, I like their products, especially their tire shine gel. No spinoff!!!!and stay wet black for a week or 2 depending on the weather.

I didn't realize that, guess I shouldve actually looked at the link. The Audi they show on the website was actually 100% Plastidipped. I've seen it around youtube and other places. Not really a big fan of plastidip...

its basically plastidip

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and read about it. Probably costs a little more than a can of the real stuff. Not sure I'd really want it on the painted surfaces of the car, but I have seen Plasti-dipped wheels that looked good and provide good protection for the winter.

$16.99 @ O' Reilly for 14 oz. can ... the box says ... on average one can provides coverage for one of the following: Bug Bra - Stripes - Wheels.

The Rain-X product is 16oz. & Dupli-Color product is 15 oz. and they were $3 & $3.50 respectively.

Last edited by a moderator: