Attention 07 owners with tuners going in for TSB 7-10-12

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This pertains to anyone with a SCT tuner going in for the new TSB 7-10-12.

First Return your ST to the base stock tune from the Program vehicle menu.

Second Scroll down to the " DTC Data menu" and press select. Then scroll down to " Read Strategy" and press select. Then write down the 7 digit code it gives you.

Then you can go into the dealer and have the TSB performed and what ever else you need done. Once you get back Do NOT load a tune into the vehicle until the next steps are performed

First Scroll down to the " DTC Data menu" and press select. Then scroll down to " Read Strategy" and press select. Then write down the new 7 digit code it gives you.

Second Compare this code to the original code that you got when you first performed this step before going into the dealer.

If this code is the same then you are good to go and you can upload the same tunes into your ST and drive away happy.

If this code is different, which it should be if they performed the TSB in the fullest and reprogrammed the PCM, then DO NOT LOAD ANY TUNES INTO THE ST. if you do you will first load the OLD calibration back into the ST and then it will have a code at the least, at the most it won't start. Either way it will erase the new code and cause you to take it back to the dealer and have to have them reprogram the ST. If it will start then you can just say " Hey it has a light on the dash" and they wont know the difference and just reprogram it. Just make sure you return it to stock before taking it in.

Now, if it is different, you'll need to contact the SCT dealer that you purchased your X-calibrator or Livewire from and tell them you need updated tune files for the new code. Depending on the dealer it is will have the affect on the cost. I dont charge anything for updated codes due to PCM reflashing by the dealer but others may.

Just wanted to let everyone know this as I'm getting alot of emails about this.

Thanks, Doug.

Doug, I am one of those that sent you an email about this recently. I received your response which said that the update doesn't change the PCM tuning, and that a few of your other customers have had it done. You said the "best thing" was to read the strategy and then send it back to you but I figured if no one else was having problems then what are the chances that I would? I wish I would have known it could mess up my truck.

Well I loaded up my 87 perf tune and now I get an orange wrench :(

Taking it to the dealer is the only option? I really hate to have go through all that again. Battery disconnect won't help?

-David

Edit:

I just found a post where Todd Z thought that maybe driving it for a few days will clear it. Since I can't take it in right away anyway I will see if it goes away by next week. I'll try to report back if I remember and can find this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Doug. Hopefully those with tuners will see this post BEFORE they have their PCM reflashed by their dealer.:)

I thought the SCT saves the stock code before it installs the custom one? If so, what difference would it make if there is an updated factory code or not?

Are you saying that if my 04 recieved an updated program recently and I then used my XCal2 which was ordered while I had original program, that I could have lost the updated factory program?