ATTENTION WAYNE FOY

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
Hello Wayne,

It is my understanding that you are in Georgia. I live in Newnan Georgia and I am interested in your xcal2 chip. I know nothing whatesoever about chips in regards to what they provide in terms of performance and gas milage. Would it be to much to ask you to give me (and anyone else with limited knowledge of this upgrade) a brief history lesson and price regarding this chip? Also, should I elect to obtain one of your chips, could I come to you for the install? That way I would know that it is done correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help and wisdom......Terry Wallace:):)

It's not a chip. It's a device that plugs into a port right under your steering column. It then saves your stock program then flashes a new one into your Trac. Check out the link below for more info:

Last edited by a moderator:
And, you can plug you laptop in while you have it plugged into the OBDII, and create a data file for Wayne to customize specific to your vehicle.

FYI - We have an XCal2 w/ econo tune (& a tune for towing), AirAid CAI, Flowmaster 70 single-in/duel-out, running 245/70/16 tires; and last night when we filled up we calculated 19 mpg combined city/hwy. This may vary depending upon your driving habits.

Terry,

Please see this thread for the info.

If you would like, I can meet up with you anytime and you can drive my ST to see just what difference it makes in the performance. I can also do the tuning for you at that time.