Attn: Jeff C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of before/after your drop job? Do you have pictures of your drop blocks installed on your springs? Just curious what your setup looks like. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME TO WORK ON JADE!!!!:D:D

I'm sure I can find some. I can take some pics of the blocks installed with no problem. My wheels are supposed to arrive today, and hopefully I can go get them mounted and everything before I head to the beach later this week.

Gimme 15min to find and take some pics.

Alright, the first pic is from a NOPI show last summer, still at stock height...it's the only one I can find at stock height; sorry. I left it big so you could zoom in and see how high the front is, even though you can't see the rear.

[Broken External Image]:

Next is a shot I just took outside, after being lowered for a little over a year now. I completely removed the torsion bolts up front and have not had any negative consequences thus far, like some suggested I might.

[Broken External Image]:

Here is the rear passenger lowering block assembly.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And here is the rear driver side after pic. My new tires are 265/70/17 and will take up another 1/2" of the wheel well, virtually eliminating that gap. Yay!

[Broken External Image]:

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them...how long did it take? About 2 hours for the rear, and most of that time was spent sawing the U-bolts after everything was installed; oh, make sure your hack saw blade is made for "hardened steel", cause my first 3 weren't :wacko: If you have AIM, my handle is AU01ST and whenever I'm home, it's usually on, so you can just contact me on there if you want to talk directly. Hope all this helps.

Thanks! That's what I'm looking for. I'm thinking I'm going to send the parts to Missouri that way they're waiting for me when I get there. I also talked to Dave at EE and he'll substitute 2in blocks for 3in ones for me. I've got 285/60R17s on there now. When it comes time to replace them, I might go with something a little narrower.

Latest posts