Attn swshawaii

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Or to whoever has the Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler installed.

Hey,

So I am still trying to find a shop to install the muffler for me. Either they want like 150 bucks for installation, or one shop told me that it wont fit in there. They are saying it will be rattling on the frame. Did you have the problem of it rattling on your frame?

Im still shocked by the cost everyone wants

Thanks a lot,

George T.

Find another shop !!! People here have the 22 inch Magnaflow muffler under the truck and I can guaranty the OEM stock muffler is bigger then the dynamax you have !!!

I absutly HATE rip off shops and people that dont know what they are doing

Todd Z

That shop didnt even want to do it...its a Meineke, I dont know if you guys have it in the NY. I said no to them. An off-road shop quoted me 150 plus 20 for the extension pipe and anything else they will need. I thought it would be easier, but its hard to find a good shop around here.

Todd, isnt the Dynomax wider though? I was under the truck, and comparing it, the stock one is huge and long, but the Dynomax is shorter and just a little bit wider, and it seems like it will fit.

Thanks again,

George T.

GeorgeT- I thought $75 was high for my muffler install. Geez, 14K gold solder? LOL

I usually prefer to support small independent local business, and eventually did.

Went back a week later and had them install the tailpipe and tip for another $50.

Hope this works out for you. Like Todd, can't stand price gouging. Ridiculous. :angry:

P.S.- Model #17733 is the correct P/N according to Summit, Jegs, Advance, CSK, etc.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, its ridicolous. Im going to try looking for more local shops. Im gonna call on Tuesday or Wednesday when they open back up and get some more quotes. Thanks for the pictures by the way, I might have to print them(if I have your permission) and show them to the people that disagree it will fit.

I told them that it will fit, but they said you better check your source. Bunch of...:angry:. It is 17733, so everything is correct. I just want to get it installed already

Thank you for all your help,

George T.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot man. I downloaded them, so u can delete them. Yea, i think its the same underneath. At least it looks like it. The pics help a lot.:grin::supercool:

Thank you,

George T.

Steve,, your tip looks tacked on. Not fully welded. The half roll on the tip might be back pressuring between the pipe and tip. Cuasing the whistle. Seen it before.

Thanks Eddie. Didn't even consider that. I'll have the shop check it.

the Mieneke shop down the road installed a complete Magnaflow cat-back system for only $60 and the disposed of the stock stuff. I must have gotten lucky or something! BC

An update would be awesome. I bought one back around this time as well, but its still sitting in the garage. Haven't felt much like installing it. A good report might help get me under it.

Got the Dynomax Super Turbo installed today for $35. I was afraid of it being too loud. Not at all. Its perfect: barely noticeable at idle, but deeper growl on acceleration. Cabin noise is a little higher, but insignificant.

I don't know how much it affected power, and honestly don't feel any difference except for maybe slightly better throttle response. Day 1, so I obviously can't report on gas mileage, but won't in the future, either. I couldn't care less about gas mileage.

$45 for muffler + $35 installation = great cheap mod

Latest posts