Audio and Sync1 issue; no sound coming from speakers except muffled noise.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesin615

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hi all, back again with another issue with the truck; working on a 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin. I snagged an OEM navigaton unit from salvage yard that seems to work as it should via touch and looked good and was kept out of the weather.

all the plugs fit just right, with the exception of it missing one which i assumed was the camera(?) when the unit is powered on all that comes from the speakers is a muffled sound of what is actually playing, like its not completely processing it correctly or something. As well as the lights dont light up on the unit. i added a tailgate cam my intent was to run it to the new head as well. but i need sound before i progress. thanks for any help i appreciate
it!
pic 1 is old unit- pic 2 is replacement..

The replacement came from a 2011 expedition limited.

WIN_20231120_16_11_27_Pro.jpgWIN_20231120_16_12_31_Pro.jpg

i suppose im the first person in the world to upgrade to a navi unit in the ST.

There is a processing/amplifier unit in the passenger kick panel area on the factory equipt models with the navi unit. Does yours have this? Not sure exactly what it's function(s) are, but somewhere to start.....
I have upgraded the head unit, ut from the factory navi unit to aftermarket.

Latest posts