Auxiliary audio input in the 07?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. My 07 LTD doesn't have one, or at least I don't see it. I have aux. power points all over though...

My 07 GT has the audio input inside the center console compartment.

The aux plug in on the console beside the 12V auxiliary power point. If your ST was built before 8/07, you more than likely do not have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, mine is in the center console next to the power jack, and there is a special wire you can buy to link your mp3 players because i use it for my ipod

From what I understand they put that as a standard feature AFTER some '07's were already released without it. So if you don't have it, print up the add on Ford and take it in & they will install one for you on their dime.

Bootsy:

I only wish it were that easy. I bet they won't do jack for you unless you pay them to do it. THe part probably cost 400 bucks, and they will want 500 to install it....:lol:

Well it IS stated on their website that it is standard. Also if I remember correctly someone on here already had that question and took in a printed add off the website and they did install it for them for free, since it does say it is a standard option. I wish I could remember who it was that did that, but they did get it done. IF anyone who remembers this knows who got it done, please chime in to help another ST'r out.

I'd like to know if there is a spare jack on the radio (can our sport tracs be updated without replacing the radio, etc.?).

Also, if someone could look up the part number / price, etc. I'd order one and put it in myself.

Any Ford parts folks / sponsors here?

Gavin, I am going home in a few minutes and I have my radio out of my ST. I will look at it and let you know if there is a spare jack on the radio. ;)

I don't remember there being a spare jack on the back of my radio when I removed it but Bootsy will let us know for sure.

I have uploaded a picture of the back of the OEM Ford stereo I have....mine is the 6 disc/sirius stereo. So the pic is in my library. Good luck! I hope this helps answer any questions.

I'd still be interested if Ford will install it at their cost. If anyone knows, please advise with the details and I'll take mine back. Thanks.

As Bootsy mentioned earler, there was an owner that took their truck back to the dealer and showed them the brochure where it clearly states that the Aux. input jack is listed as a standard feature and the dealer installed it FREE. My suggestion would be to get the literature and do the same. If the dealership does not agree, then contact Ford Motor Company Customer Service, submit your evidence and i'm quite certain they will authorize it.

Since the "Standard Features" now include the Power Rear Window, do you think early '07 owners (job 1) could get Ford to install that "option" for free? How about the door pulls that became standard with job 2? If a dealer could be located who would do that, I think they would be pretty busy. I actually ordered a job 1, but because of a Ford screwup got a job 2. I asked if they could/would install the Power Rear Window on the job 1 that I was supposed to get. The answer was, "Sure, for around $800-$1000." No thanks.

Nope, no dealership will give you the Power Rear Window OR the redesigned door pulls because they were never advertised as being a standard feature on the Job 1's. However, the Aux input jack was listed as a standard feature in the initial brochure when the 2nd generation ST was launched which is why you could possibly hold Ford to what the brochure advertised.

Latest posts