Auxiliary audio input in the 07?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crash are you saying that if I don't have the rear window slider, it can be installed? Man that just made my day if it is true! That is the one thing on my Trac I wish I had.

Bootsy:

I am not sure the dealership was actually "offering" to do it. I had a really wierd situation where they were just about to receive my ordered ST with the wrong color interior. They knew I wouldn't go for it and were trying to get me to take an "in stock" job 1 instead. It didn't have the Power Window and I asked if that feature could be installed by them. He said he would check and came back with a tentative "yes" but with a high enough price that he knew I wouldn't bite. So.... could they have done it had I said yes? I don't really know. The whole situation was so hosed up it's hard to believe anything they said. Didn't mean to give you any "false hope." In reality, anything can be done for a price.

Sounds like you had close to the same situation as me when I got my St delivered with the wrong stereo set-up. Took about 8 weeks to get it in order. I'm gonna go in and ask them what the cost would be to get it done if possible. I really dig the rear slider!

well if that's the case, i am still looking for the chrome door handles that are listed in the 07 sport trac brochure under the limited chrome package :angry:

[Broken External Image]:

another bold move, list an option that does not exist in the limited chrome package. also make it very difficult for me to order my 07 thru my leasing company, because ford did not update the leasing company of the job 2 changes and new options available.

other then that, still like it :)

Gary, do you have an extra copy of that brochure? I've got the chrome package too and I would love to see what kind of compensation I can get out of Ford for the "false advertising".

lil red, i will look and if not copy mine and mail it to you. it's on the last page where the options were listed. not to mention the " chrome like " wheels :angry:

Thanks Gary, I'll send you an email with my address......I don't even want to talk about these darn "chrome like" wheels. I wish I had looked into that before I ordered my truck, probably would not have done the Chrome Package had I known the details. Shame on me with that one....... But overall I love the truck and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

lil red, same here, i didn't do my homework, but since i was so pissed off taking two weeks to try to order it, i just let it get by me. like you said, i feel the same way, overall it's nice and comfy. would i pay what the sticker is , no way !!!!

i will get you that info on monday. thanks and have a good weekend

I just got an '07 job 1 XLT, w/o aux input jack. Dealer is checking into what it will take to install it. During sale negotiations they mentioned that it could be done, but we'll see. I'll update this post when I get an answer.

has anyone had their dealer add the auxilary plug yet? or found the harness?

DOH.......07 Job 1 6 disc changer

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted Ford via email and got a reply within a day giving me the part numbers of what I needed to get to add the Aux input to my 07.

I then replied saying I thought it was supposed to be STANDARD on the 07.

I have since sent this message 3 times and they won't reply. Apparently they don't feel any reply to a repetitive Ford customer is necessary.

buzz

Dang! It will cost about $300 to install myself, just to use the I-pod!!!! I think I will stick to my FM tuner for now...... That's $300 more for other mods.... Throttle body maybe?

Thanks

Gordi

I just bought another new car......didn't even give Ford a chance on this one. Since the direct connection was not available on this car, I made sure there is a cassette, yes, cassette player in there. Now I can use the direct line into that for the Ipod.

And it does have a cd player, but I prefer to choose from the 6000 tunz on da-pod.

buzz.....very disallusioned by the new Ford products.

Latest posts