AVS Window Deflector question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory Richards

Reaction score
I installed the 4-piece window deflectors yesterday after picking them up from Advance Auto. I followed the directions to the letter, which included not rolling down the windows for 24-hours to allow the adhesive to set.

I tested them out a few minutes ago and 2 of them seem to catch the deflector when I roll up the window. The front passenger side window catches every time and I have to push it in and quickly remove my hand before it gets stuck. The rear passenger's side seems hit or miss; sometimes it catches, sometimes it doesn't. I gave all 4 a tug and they seem to be on there good.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this without completely removing them? I did a search and the only suggestion I could find was clipping a piece off that is catching, but that seems like a last resort.

Thanks for your help.

it will fix itself. be patient and wait for some warmer weather. The molding will "give" more as the temp increases.

Many people have had the same issue and it has gone away over time.

Only one member I know of removed his and filed a sharper angle on the inside lower lip to help guide the window.

Coastie is correct, I had that problem with one of my rear windows and after a week or three it was fine.

cory, mine do it during the winter months only. They are Ford's brand and they do it also.(put on by them) Just wait for warmer weather and see if they do it.;)

did you make sure to clean anduse alcohol swabs to the in channel sections of the windows?? If not them the adhesive could be dirty now and unable to adhere to the ST.

Dallas

Big D, I did all of that. AVS even provides the little scrubber and alcohol pads.

Cool, thanks for the info..I'll just wait it out and be careful in the meantime.

That's why many of us who have installed them took a Dremel to the "corner" that hits the window as it comes up, flaring that edge. I am sure if you have the right temp conditions and wait long enough for that thick felt to get mushed it will work itself out "most" of the time....but 5 minutes with the Dremel, and viola.

TJR

I had the same problem with both front windows and discovered there is a "tab" at the front that has to be tucked between the side view mirror and the door frame which is outside the channel.

I had trouble with my front windows after the install of, EGR in chanel slimlines. What I did was put a thin layer of clear silcone grease on the leading edge of the glass. Then I rolled the windows, part way up and down about 10 to 15 times. They seated in and rolled all the way up after that..then I cleaned off the silcone..

On a note dont roll the window all the way down while the silcone is on there..it will get on the window wipers at the bottom...