AWD or 2WD dyno?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargedtrac

Reaction score
I didn't see anything further from a Psycareyo post from Feb. 2009 if he ended up getting his STA dynoed or not, and if the front drive shaft had to be disconnected?

Brenspeed is telling me that they had to disconnect the front drive shaft in the Supercharged Mountaineer they had when they used their 2 wheel dyno (plus "do a few other little things").

(My ST has Control Trac 4x4, and AdvanceTrac w/ RSC. Dash buttons for Anti-Skid Control, 4x4Auto, 4x4High, 4x4Low)

Should I just find a reputable performance shop that has an AWD dyno, and just disable the traction control (button), take the truck out of Overdrive, avoid the whole front drive shaft issue, and see what the pull numbers are? As much as getting true rwhp numbers on a RWD vehicle is the standard, to modify a AWD\4x4 ST to get similar readings I'm not sure it is all worth the effort for what I have. I think I'm spending too much time trying to figure this one out. Should I just go find an AWD dyno and see what it the numbers are? I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.