Back tunnel cover / Cap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I am looking to a different type of cover for camping. I have a big problem packing 2 adults a 3 year old and a dogs worth of stuff in the back of my sport trac for a week end. I have looked into a full box cover but the problem is that I have no were to store it when not in use. I have seen them on the Internet and on the road made of canvas and some aluminum bars but not one that will fit the trac. My goal is to find something that is easy to install and remove, stores up small and is water proof.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know pictures would be great.

Other problem is I live in Canada but would be willing to make a trip to the states to buy one.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen one commercially made but a metal fabricator could easily make the metal frame and an upholsterer could easily make a canvas cover with snaps along the frame. It would likely be cheaper to have it made that way than to buy one if it even existed anyway. I'd like to see what you come up with, though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382241 there is a truck in this post on exploreforum for a soft folding top