Backed into trailer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
Backed into my trailer tongue this weekend and punched a little hole smack dab right in the middle of my bumper below my licenece plate. Think i have a cheap remedy though thinking about getting a 6 inch LED light bar and cutting the whole bigger to fit the light.

My question is could i wire this right into my back up lights or would it draw too much power??

Had a similar situation with my rear bumper. We were unhitching the boat and it rolled forward and the hitch creased the bumper. The Hubby tried to stop that 4500lb boat and just couldn't do it, imagine that. I was just glad the boat didn't crease him. We took the truck to the shop and they gave us a quote that convinced us that having that battle scar just wasn't that bad. I seem to remember a new bumper cover costing about $900 so the next time we have that laying around and can't think of something better to do with it, we'll probably fix the bumper. Until then, my boy will just have to live with his blimish.

It's got it's 1st ding now, so now you can go enjoyed your Trac for the rest of it's life! haha!

AS Tiger said, no usful light. Why not do the same but get red and hook up to the brake lights. Might help those drivers who tend to center there vision on the rear center.

Latest posts