Bad Gas in Washington

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
Watch out we have had a string of vehicles here in Washington that have broke down due to bad gas being sold by Shell. To make matters worse Shell has told quite afew of the peoples vehicles that were damaged by the gas they would not cover the costs of repair.

The strange substance found in the fuel since I last checked was still not identified.

http://www.komonews.com/news/19443789.html

Same here in Tx, but not at a Shell.....the station was caught and was proven that they added alot of water to their storage tanks. Fuel purchased vers fuel put in the tanks didn't match.....was something like a few K's off.

Just glad it wasn't one of the stations I purchased gas from.

There was actually a class-action lawsuit over the sulfur contamination back then. It wasn't just Shell. Texaco was involved, too. Of course, now they are both the same company, but I bet that old lawsuit comes up.

Same in Houston a few years back. They found it was some kind of waste chemicals being disposed of. I think they charged criminally those involved. Dont remember the outcome.

It left the injectors and heads and valves siezed with some white crusty stuff..

There was a place down in San Diego California that was run by crooks. They had a scanner that would record your credit card numbers as you swipped to pay, they were sent to a small computer in the backroom where they had a blank card generator set up and would reprint your card by the time you had finished paying for your gas.

The stuff they found in the gas was some thick white sludge that built up in the bottom.

With speaking of contaminated gas.....one of the reasons I put on a locking gas cap is to keep some punk from pouring sugar or some other substance in my tank as a prank.

With the way fuel prices are going, I think we are going to see more of this contaminated gas at various stations popping up as well as gas theft.

There are members here that sing praises about Top Tier Gasoline. Shell is one on the list.

I use the cheapest garbage fuel I can buy.

Tom

It is kinda funny Caymen, because of lot of the trucks that fill up the fancy gas fill up the discount places as well. If not, then they get it from the same source.

In high school my sister worked at a united station (Speedway) and the same trucked that delivered to them also filled the marathon down the street! :wacko:

I know. Sunock, Marathon, Speedway, and al the no-name statiopns all get thier gas from the same refinery.

Tom

I used to work at a Speedway a long time ago. They were owned by Marathon.. Marathon's owner at the time was USX (US Steel). These days, companies have family tree's almost as complicated as the one for that family in Austria where the dad kept his daughter in the basement for 24 years.

Again the manufacturer says they won't pay for the damages...That is just a bluff. It smells like a big law suit to me! As long as the customers who got the bad gas keeps their receipts and reported it to the company in writing and rot a reply that was ignored or they refused to pay you can take them to court. Even small claims court should be enough to make Shell change their minds.

...Rich

If Shell is at fault I bet the do end up paying for the damages. However, if it's proven that the Gas station or stations, are doing dirty business, the blaim will shift and so will the paying of damages.

Latest posts