Bed Rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
I know there has been great discussion on ladder racks etc. Just wondering if anyone has built or bought a rack that fits onto the bed of a trac. Thinking about fabbing one up.

Thought i could use the existing tonneau cover latchs on the inside of the bed as a starting point and build up.

Anyone have any pics of one built or installed??

If you have an aftermarket hitch on your ST the best would be the Hitch extender... Cheep , quick , easy ans NON perminant... Removes and installs in 1 min..

Todd Z

I may sell my Yakima Load Warrior roof rack. Had it on the roof for my Moab trip and dont really like it. Truck is to darn tall, and it is a pain to get stuff off the roof, even with the bed cover rolled up.

Chad

hey todd i actually made one a month ago. Did it a little different (2 peices so that it came apart and fit in the bed of the ST.

while it served it purpose it is kinda hard on the bottom of the kayak.

so here is the next question. i have a Necky Manitou II tandem kayak it weights like 75 pounds. anyone put anything like that on top of the truck or have an easier more gentle way of carting around a yak

I had to smile at this sentence --

..have an easier more gentle way of carting around a yak

I thought a yak was supposed to carry you. (Like they do in the Himalayas, no?) :p

And while on the subject of carrying things... do you know how to tell if your ass is too small??

Scroll on down...

V

V

V

V

V

V

[Broken External Image]:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so here is the next question. i have a Necky Manitou II tandem kayak it weights like 75 pounds. anyone put anything like that on top of the truck or have an easier more gentle way of carting around a yak

Yep.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts