Been a while!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Hey! Hope this finds everybody doin' allright! Got a question and update. Update first. Finally turned over 80, 000 on the ('05) Trac. Replaced the factory Goodyear Wranglers this spring with new Michelin LTX 04-S somethingorother! New tire they had to replace the old LTX line. What a difference! Replaced the factory shocks at the same time with the Monroe Sensa Trac Sport on all 4 corners. Needless to say, with both at the same time, it was like buying a new vehicle, as far as the ride goes! Running like a top (knock on wood). Just routine maintenance, LOF with Mobil 1 10w-30 and FL 820S Ford filter every 5-6,000 miles. Getting ready to do the coolant flush and refill. Here's the Q... I've heard it's better not to cut the heater core hose and install the flush tee in our Tracs if coolant is not in bad shape (which mine is not) for two reasons, maybe into one. The new flush kits are made so cheaply that there have been a lot of people saying that the T-'s crack and the caps leak, and those hoses are kind of expensive to replace with all the fittings built into them if this happens. Second, I've heard the Zerex G5 coolant, or something like that if you don't want to pop the big dollars at the dealer? Thanks, All!!!:supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about the G5 but Zerex has been my choice for years. If it is compatible with my '04. The G5 will be my choice over motorcraft. My trac is my first with the gold.

I havent looked at the flush kits in a while. Wouldnt suprise me if they are made in china.