Been SOOOO Long!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Been so long guys and ladies. I've been very busy with a lot of things. Just a line to update the Trac's status...:

~ 78,500 miles

~ Still averaging 21.5 m.p.g.

~ Finally replaced the factory shocks with the new Sensa-tracs with "Dual Stage" technology

(?). Love 'em !

~ New Michelin LTS M&S Plus (With both shocks and tires at the same time, oh MY what

a difference!!!).

~ 1 T.B./Idle Air clean/rebuild

~ No major repairs, just routine maintenance...

~ Dual battery set-up and 2000 watt inverter system to handle all the emergency/responder

equipment (1,000 CCA main battery/1,000 CCA-180 hr. reserve deep-cycle battery for

inverter/auxilliary back-up,built-in electrical/charging system monitors for each system).

Hope this finds everyone and their families safe and sound... Check back with ya' later!

TnB....

:smile0006:

Good to hear from you.

:smile0006:

Now, if you haven't already done so, replace your front end links with MOOG Problem Solver front end links (hint: in AutoZone box); and replace the rear end link bushings with (you guessed it) MOOG Problem Solver rear end link bushing kit; link to project. Both of these upgrades are less than $50, and have a Big cost benefit ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get winch for my truck I'm going to install two batteries as well. There are gel pack batteries that are much smaller then the one in my truck now. If I put then in sideways I can fit two of them in the space where my stock size battery is. Something like these but rotated 90 degrees.

[Broken External Image]:

I was looking at the gel batteries in a friends Bronco and they were a lot smaller then the battery in my track. I dont think they were optimas, they had a red top on them and grey bottom.

what emergency/responder equipment are you running? got any pics? i run a whelen blue talon, whelen dual talon, whelen slimlighter ultra, whelen 6 outlet 90 watt pack, whelen LIN4's

AGM uses gel so they are gel cell, gel pack, AGM, whatever you want to call them.

Also the brand in my buddies truck are Orbital which is the same thing as an Optima but from NAPA. You can tell me they are not smaller but since I saw them myself and compared them to my stock battery, I think I'll trust my eyes on this one. These types of batteries are better for off road use as well since they can be upside down or whatever. When I have them in my truck (hopefully this year) I'll post up some pics.