Beer worth dying for...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
Interesting story in our local news - a Kali visitor is now dead after a scuffle that ensued after he allegedly walked out of an abc store with a couple cases of unpaid beer.

Lesson learned: Although it would be awesome, beer is not complimentary in HI :eek:

While on vacation in nor cal Humboldt area a few weeks ago, I tasted a few beers from the Eel River Brewing Company. BEST domestic beer I've tasted thus far...it was to die for.

My current favorites are Misery Bay IPA from Erie Brewing, Troegs Hopback, and Victory Prima Pils. Anything from those three brewers is real good. Oh, and Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

In winter, Troegs Troegenator Double Bock and Erie's Railbender Ale. A little to heavy for summer drinking. Couple years ago at Lowe's Motor Speedway some kids stole our coolers of Troegenator and other microbrews. When security caught them, they hadn't touched any of it. I think the labels scared them. :lol:

Lesson: don't steal!

Weihenstephaner is my new favorite!

I've yet to have beer that isn't just bottled urine.

I hope it wasn't just for Coors Light or Bud

However, I second this especially, since Coors Light and Bud are the most vile of the beers that I've partaken of.

Mixed drinks and Booze FTW.

Ah do.

But most places stock BOTH kinds of beer: Coors and Bud. Heinekin and Amstel are floating around, labeled as "foreign", and guinness let me down, which makes that difficult.

So I just grab some better alcoholic substances and call it a day. I miss Vancouver, BC where alcohol was so much cheaper than it is around here, it practically grew on trees.

I hold out hope that beer could be good, and that there is also domestic beer that is good, but until I can get around to checking out some microbrew stuff, I have little hope. Bud's ubiquitousness has done the beer world a great disservice.

Last edited by a moderator:
MARYLAND

Baltimore

Max's on Broadway

737 S. Broadway, 410-675-6297

62 taps for beer. Located in Fells Point. Weekly beer tastings each Tuesday.

Make a trip and report back :cool:

Yeah sorry Rodger, I was really looking forward to meeting up with you and Georgia...

Even brought with us some Kona coffee and other island delectables just in case we were able to meet up. We drove about 1700 miles total from Reno to Portland, down the Oregon/California coast to Mendocino, then back to Reno. We were about a day behind from where we needed to be towards the end of the trip, so we had no time to stop in Sacramento. So close though...

I'm sure we'll have another chance to meet up as we frequent California and Nevada pretty much every year :D

Keola- Would think if this "lolo" had a death wish it would have been for a high end champagne or equivalent. "If he only had a brain".

We are closing Elite Electronics by the end of July due to a substantial rent increase.

If you know anyone looking for "steals" on equipment, hele on down ASAP.

Gonna do my 3" drop following your advice and salivating over your "Hawaiian ST". Sweet.

Thanks Bro, Steve

What!!! CLOSING??? Are you guys opening up in another location? You guys closing the pearl city store too? Are you losing your job? Wow, that's sad. You guys have the best deals on the best components in town hands down. That's why I came back to you guys to work on my trac after having done my volks. I don't really trust any other shop at this point in time.

Major bummer, thumbs down man :(

Keep me posted on the business' status. Maybe I'll just have to stop by tomorrow and have a talk with AJ to see what's happenin'.

Hey, if you need help with your drop, shoot me over an email. I know exactly what to do and can help you through the process as I did mine by myself. Aloha Braddah!!!

Latest posts