Belt Tensioner Changed - Squeeks Still

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, I changed my belt tensioner, and something is still squeekin away under there... its hard to pinpoint because there is a lot of things there that COULD be the problem....

Again it sounds like its coming from the middle of the face of the engine it doesnt seem to stop when I hit the gas or anything now.... and it only seems to do it when its quite humid in the air....

Any other suggestions?

(Ive changed my alternator and tensioner, so these items should be ok)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you also change the belt???

They do make noise as they age. Since you were there, that would have been the time to do so.

Alternator bearing are notorious as well. Normally worse under heavy load like in cold temps and start-ups.

Chris,

I have had mine into the dealership on five different occasions over the past three plus years for an underhood squeak. After replacing everything that you have (sometimes twice), the last time in, they said it was the crankshaft dampener pulley. It has now been six months and the noise hasn"t comeback. So, you may want to check that.

Chris (another one)