Best way to lift a 2001?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Hazel

Reaction score
Looking to do a suspension lift of 2 inches on a 2001. I have a couple questions, first question is is the chassis the same as a regular Ford Explorer four-door? And is anyone have any advice on the best way to lift this truck?

Click on "Projects" then find the "Ride and Handling". There are a couple of members that posted how they lifted the Gen 1s there.

Keith S.

I did new torsion bar keys and warrior shackles. Not much movement in the front suspension on my 2003 4X4 to start with. Took a long trip on some backroads and busted end links on swaybar and pulled the bushing off of the top of shock. Would of prefered to go with a body lift for my bigger tires and left suspension alone. BFG KM2 32X11.5X15. :driving:

I just did a 3" body lift. Has worked great for a number of years. My trac is a 2004 4x4. It was fairly cheap. Paid $200 for kit, and $600 for install. There are a bunch of ways to lift the truck, it's just on how you want to do so. I have a super lift kit sitting in my shed now, just haven't had the time or money to get some one to install it. It is another 4". With just my body lift I am running 265/75/16 tires.

Latest posts