Big issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
I put this in electrical but it could be something else. Ok so I'm driving on the highway this afternoon doing 120 km/h The radio goes off....I was like WTF!! Then I notice that none of my gauge's are not working...they are stuck at the same spot. So I pull over and notice that I have no signals what so ever. I try the window nothing....so I shut the truck off and give it a minute then turn the truck back on....still nothing is working, so I turn it off again and give it some more time. Again starts up fine but nothing is working. SO I figure ok I'll drive it to the dealership (I have warranty still) so I go and try to put it into drive and it's stuck in park! So I call Ford roadside and they come pick me up. Now they can't look at it till Monday. Any ideas what could be wrong? This is the first time this has happened to me with any vehicle I've owned.

Just a guess. I sucpect a harness connection loose. Or a problem with the fuse box feed. Did you check your fuses related to those items.?

How old is your battery? People have had strange things happen when the battery needs to be replaced. I haven't heard of anybody having that happen. It's just an idea. I had weird things happen when my battery was needing to be replaced.

As Darrel points out, this type of event is often caused by a defective (shorted) battery.

Especially since you could not shift out of park. There is a solenoid that requires power to disengage that will then allow the shifter to move.

Most cases is not to this degree, but the gage issue you explain is common to a battery issue..

The battery is only a year and a bit old. The dealer replaced it when I bought the truck. SO I'm pretty sure that the battery isn't the issue here. I think it might be the computer or something. Who knows lol I find out Monday.

Well it's not the battery...had an update from the dealer today....there is a MAJOR electrical short in the harness somewhere. They looked at it today and I should know something by tomorrow afternoon...I want my truck back..... :banghead:

Latest posts