Bill Barber - when are the 'Stang meets?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Varies according to the weather, join our local chapter

http://www.norcalsvtoa.com/ mick mac started it yrs ago, he owns TPS motorsports in cambell (great shop for stang work)

have some major car shows every year, food drives for charity, great cruises locally during the summer, thursday and sunday night cruises weekly (I never make those) driving at night is for the younger guys.

Tell us about your 06 GT, can you get a day off during the week? couple of us make a run every few mos over to san antonio valley (Has to be a weekday) best twisty drive in the state.

Up mt hamilton than over the backside to the junction, have lunch at this funky little bar and grill than head back home.

Maybe we can get Krash to join us with his GT, not that far from sacto.

Thanks for the info, BB. I'll take a look at the website. Kind of hard getting time off work. Many layoffs over last couple of years, and I'm left as the last one in my department. Better than no job, I guess (need a cross-fingers emoticon).

The GT is pretty much stock. Mineral gray. We put the double-black striping on later (couple of pics in my library). Some subtle mods are in store for her, but after we pay off a few more bills. My wife drives it mostly, although we trade off every now-and-then.

The San Antonio Valley run does sound pretty good. Maybe we can shake some time off - never know when the cold/flu may strike . . .

:smile0017:

PS - forgot - how was your birthday dinner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking ride,Bday was great, yes sometimes a sick day works, cannot bring anyone alone that is prone to getting carsick, is one nasty road, your bones will ache when you get home.

I'm in! It'll be an all day gig for me, but I have a fairly flexible schedule. Actually, I have a friend in Sunnyvale with a Mustang GT also, that I can stay with and maybe invite him along, but he's slow... lol

[Broken External Image]:

Oh... That's NOT my cheesehead flag in the background! That's my neighbor's. HE'S the Wisconsin grad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krash, you can drive down I5 to patterson, than take del puerte canyon road to the junction west to hwy 130, about 20 miles, on a weekday you will see maybe one car.

at the junction of del puerte and mines road (hwy 130) is this great little bar and grill.

from there you can go north on 130 to livermore, about 60 miles, might see two cars on a weekday, are flats you can run the car at 120 no problem, just need to keep an eye out for wild pigs and tule elk.

Or you can go south back to san jose over mt Hamilton, about 40 miles, great drive

do NOT bring anyone along prone to getting carsick.

No worrries about me bringing anyone that gets carsick. Most people that know me won't ride in the car with me! lol I remember looking this ride up last year when you told me about it. I can run that route, or go stay at my bud's place and run it with you guys from the S.J. side... See if I can keep up! lol

Latest posts