Blower Fan/Power Delay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad B

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Maybe already discussed here. Has anyone experienced a delay from the time you start up until the a/c blower comes on? Sometimes I have a long delay, maybe 15-20 seconds. But not all the time and not the same delay length. And only the blower. Radio, lights, etc all come on instantly.

My 2010 Adrenalin does that every once and a while. I push the Auto a/c button to make sure it is on, and after about 10 seconds, air starts blowing. Kind of irrating, but whatever. Less than 25,000 miles

Its done to allow the truck to give you Cold air or Warm air and not blast you with garbage....

This is a normal operation

Todd Z

Todd is correct. That is normal and all my Ford's have done that over the past 20 years.

Todd is correct. That is normal and all my Ford's have done that over the past 20 years.

Only the units with auto control do this. My manual hvac fords blow imediatly. Including my '04 trac..

Thanks for the replies. I understand the logic, but there is no pattern to it. Sometimes it delays and other times it does blow hot air before it gets cold. There are times that I am out of the drive and down the street before it comes on. My 2008 Expedition Limited has never done it. Just seems wacky.

Latest posts