Bought a new boat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
Well, as mentioned a long while ago, the reason for trading my ST was to get a larger boat-hauling truck. That controversy aside, we bought the new boat this past weekend. Our new purchase is a Tidewater 216cc. We were able to work a great deal on the boat and had an exceptional buying experience. FYI, anyone in the FL area looking to buy a boat, Cam at Salty Dog Marine in Grant is a top notch, stand-up guy.

As for the boat, it's 21' and is fully loaded. It comes standard with the t-top, two 20 gallon livewells, freshwater washdown, courtesy lights everywhere, custom seating, trim tabs, and so much more. It's still at the dealership while the custom canvas cover is made, and while the various electronics and accessories are rigged. We're having them install telescoping outriggers, the VHF radio, a CD player, and a GPS chartplotter/sonar combo. All of this just in time for the summer fun. :haveabeer:

And now for the best part....pictures. Taken with a cell phone, but they get the job done...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

S-W-E-E-T

Would be perfect in my "back yard".

Haven't had a boat in over 20 years.

Seriously looking at open bow O/B Mako's , etc.

Your TideWater 21 looks ideal for my needs.

Good Luck Catchin' (Not Fishing) LOL

Congrats and have a great Summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin, that's one of the two 20 gallon livewells for bait. I think using it as a toilet would significantly decrease the live expectancy of any live bait. The console is actually large enough to put a toilet in and offer some "cramped" privacy, but it would not be very comfortable.

Needless to say we are very excited about it. The kings are starting to get thick off the beach here, and the mahi should be thick this summer if the patterns hold. It should be an exciting summer. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful boat, I have the same motor on my pontoon. I'm digging the blue and white. We just bought a new boat too. Its a pretty damn exciting thing but we all know what boat stands for

B.ust O.ut A.nother T.housand.

He is a pic or what we got

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Enjoy the new toy!!:driving:

Nice boat, you'll have fun this summer!

We want to see lots of pics of those big fish you catch, not just

the stories of the one that got away!:banana:

Good luck Jenn, having a boat is a lot of fun and effort. Hope the water down there warms up quick, 2 weeks ago it was pretty cold and the fishing sucked. We live right on the water up here in NJ, and I just sold my little speedster(83mph) and have already started to look at a replacement. If only I could stop buying guns and ammo! BC :fire:

Thanks everyone. As mentioned, we're super-excited about it and can't wait to pick it up.

Bob - The water is still a little too cool, but we're hoping that around the first week in June it will be optimal temp for some good fishing. It was a cold winter in FL this year, and we're actually in the middle of another cool front (temps in the mid-70's not necessarily normal this time of year here). The temps have pushed the normal fish migrations back by a few weeks at least. We haven't even seen the full force spring mullet run come through yet. Should be any day now though.

As for the purchase, this is not our first boat, it is in fact 1 of 3 we currently own (each has it's own specialty). We are quite well versed in repair and maintenance and know all too well what goes into owning one. You can't beat the Yamaha motor for efficiency and quality. All of our boats have yamahas, which makes it nicer on us when it comes time to service them as we do all of our own servicing.

And one final note, as any boat owner knows, the more you use a boat, the longer it will last you, just like with cars. If you let it sit, it will cost you more than if you were to run it every weekend. And trust me, it will get used often.

Bass Fishing? We're talkin' BLUEWATER BIG GAME here! LOL :supercool:

I was about to say, that doesn't look like the bass boats they have where I come from. I have been deep see fishing one time and it was a good time. But the only thing i caught jumped out of the boat as soon as we got it off the hook. It was a big king macarol(spelling?). They said since I got blood in the boat that it counted as a catch. I think the live wells in the boat are pretty awesome.

Im so jealous, that pretty much the exact kind of bout I want. 21' center console with closed transom. Trouble is I dont know if I'll ever be able to afford one. I made a decision to have kids and that pretty much sunk any hopes of having a boat.

Clusterpup - I completely understand. We've decided to not have kids, at least not right now. Honestly, the lifestyle we have, and love for that matter, does not lend itself to having kids and we agree that it is not in our best interest to start an extended family. My husband is my best friend and we are living our dream - a dream that we agreed upon. That being said, we always welcome people who want to fish with us. If you're ever in the area (central FL) and want to try and set something up...feel free to drop us a line.

Jenn that is a beautiful boat and a great choice. I can understand your having 3 different boats. Here in Florida there are so many different types of fishing it's almost impossible to have one boat to cover the entire spectrum. I can see you headed about 25 miles or so off the east coast with that thing making huge catches of Kings and others. :supercool:

I am so jealous... I hate you (not really you know)

Thanks for buying a yamhammer. They stole enough off us and we won some wars with them copying our products but in the long run nearly everyone thinks jap is better. I am trying to keep a job building Johnson and Evinrudes, but enjoy your knockoff. I am not bitter but if everyone knew how these guys do business you would look at them in a different manner. Next time try looling at one of ours are at least a Mercury. off my soap box.

Latest posts