Bought some new rubber......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
Set out today not really wanting to get new tires but kind of needing them before the snow flies here in upstate ny. Went to a few places didnt like what I saw. One shop even tried to sell me the OEm Wranglers....:lol::angry:

So after a few hours of looking i found some Goodyears......Goodyear Wrangler with Silent Armour technology.

Pretty overall aggressive looking tire. The tire is made with two layers of steel belts , then a layer of Kevlar. The kevlar layer also adds not only strength but it absorbs road noise. The sidewall has Durawall in them to resist tears and punctures and it also has a rimguard that helps protect the wheels rim from damage.

$812 out the door with a $100 mail in rebate......not a bad deal. The tires are usually $199 a piece but they were on sale for $169........

I was mulling getting rid of the trac next summer but I figure I will keep it for two more years and really look into the new 07 ST....:wub:

Check out the link for the Goodyear webpage about the tires.......

Those are very nice tires, But I don't think I would have spent that kinda cash on tires...

Todd Z

ok, so how much would you spend on tires that arent as shitty as the OEM goodyears.....

I guess really this is where I would rahter spend my money on the Trac. Swaybars, slotted rotors and 3 inch lifts IMO are worth the cash.....but to each his own ....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
well since i am on my second set of good years on the rear....hmmmmmm,. I want to spend as little as possible.... :lol:

Todd Z

I priced some revos yesterday and they told me $850... I felt like that was high but maybe not... Sam's told me $515 out the door WITH road hazard for some BFG Longtrails... (I called about BFG All Terrain KOs but they didn't have them).... I don't know what's high now adays... I would rather not spend $800 for tires but if they are good and will last, then it's worth it I guess.... I'd be curious to know what folks around here think is reasonable as far as price goes....

FMarano, I have my eyes set on the same Goodyears to replace my stocks in the future. How do they feel? It'd be nice to hear how well they hold up the next few hundred miles.

Wow! That was quite expensive for those Goodyear Wranglers!!! I had a set of Goodyear Wranglers on a 4x4 Ranger. They were OK performers on dry (no good on wet, snow, nor mud), and they only lasted about 33,000 miles.

Tire Rack curently has them for $125 each.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Wrangler+SilentArmor

My local Wal-Mart has BF Goodrich Radial Long Trails for $109 each.

I think you got screwed. Seriously.

BTW: What is "Durawall"? Some new element scientists discovered?

I paid $404.00 plus tax for 4 BFG Radial Long Trail T/A's. Much better tires then anything made by Goodyear.

What do you think about your new Goodyear tires?

Tom

Long Trails are the best tires I have ever owned. They do not go in mud, but they do great on snow, ice, rain, and dry. They are smooth and quiet, and they LAST FOREVER!

that's good to know about the long trails... that's probably what I'll be getting here in the next 6,000 miles or so. (I'm trying my damnedest to stretch the cupped crapyears to 40,000 miles... sam's price on them was $109 each... add all the other crap and it was $515 out the door..

Caymen, where did you get them for $404? I know I'm not anywhere near you on the map, but I am just curious. I figured they were a good tire since you got em!! I still like the look of the BFG All Terrain KO though....

I got 44,000 miles out of my last set of Bridgestones, and those were NOT easy miles by any means! Several off road excursions, and hard highway miles.

Wow! That was quite expensive for those Goodyear Wranglers!!! I

these arent your plain run of the mill wranglers. THey are a brand new model/ line of tire here are the ratings, with 10 being the best:

Dry Traction 8

Wet Traction 8

Snow Traction 10

Off-Road Traction 9

Quiet Ride 7

I bought them mainly of how they perform in the snow around here......I think I got a fair deal and price seeing how they took $50 off per tire. And a few other places couldnt or wouldnt match the price. For only $10 less per tire, like I said, they tried to sell me OEM wrangler rt/s's......no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that tires like this aren't worth the money, it's a matter of do you have that much to spend on them. I thought the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos were expensive...and that's what I plan on buying when I need to replace the OEM Goodyears.

Latest posts