Bought some new rubber......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Nitto NT-404 Extremes 305/40/22 2yrs ago were $1200.00.

2 years ago 22s were very expensive.

[Broken External Image]::D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Revos are only $27 less dollars a tire then what I got......

paid $404.00 plus tax for 4 BFG Radial Long Trail T/A's. Much better tires then anything made by Goodyear.

What do you think about your new Goodyear tires?

I just read some reviews about these better then any goodyear tire and most people say they suck.......

here are just a few reviews.....

I put 1800 miles on these tires. I never felt confident on any road surface unless it was dry and warm. If I entered a corner at a speed just over recomended, the tires would squeal. If I drove on wet roads, the tires would spin and slide. I drive on the average to docile side. I could not imagine these tires in snow or ice conditions.

These came stock on my Tahoe and I barely got 30,000 miles out of them. These are the worst tires Ive ever owned regarding handling in wet and winter conditions.

great tire for the street but ive gotten stuck in the snow very easy and is very poor driving on snowy/icy roads do not buy if u live in the north east these tire will let u down

I might as well have slicks on my truck. On wet roads youd better not need to stop or accelerate too quickly because youd be out of luck with these tires. Winter driving is even worse. Just dont drive. Yeah, Ive had enough and will replace these within the next few weeks before witer actually hits. I bought these tires in March of 04 and have been extremely disapointed. Had 2 sets of Goodyears on the truck prior and had absolutely no complaints, not really sure why I made the change. It seems like the tires dont cut into the water on the road because of the cross-cut style of tread pattern. The water doesnt have anywhere to go. My goodyears never once hydroplaned. Im not saying Goodyear is the best but I think the tread pattern has alot to do with traction control on wet surfaces. Tires with the deep lines in the tread that go around and not across seem to keep in contact with the road better in wet or winter conditions. Ill be looking for something with that style tread when I buy new.

It comes down to what you drive in and what you can spend.....we'll see when the snow flies. I also have 30 days to return them if I do not like them....:)

FMarano, The link you posted showed a MSRP of $171.95, so I don't think you got such a good deal.

Krash, Only 44k on your Bridgestones? We got our TOYO Open Country AT's in early May of last yr., & have close to 45k on them (that includes 2 cross country trips), and they look like they have another 20k in them. I paid just over $400. But, because the TOYO's are a very stiff tire with hard rubber you do notice their solidness; they do ride smooth & are quiet on the road. My next set are more than likely to be Michelin LTX M&S, which are rated at 60k.

Frank,

here is a review from Gavin, a member here.

Long Trails are the best tires I have ever owned. They do not go in mud, but they do great on snow, ice, rain, and dry. They are smooth and quiet, and they LAST FOREVER!

I can speak from experience that my BFG's have great wet traction. I can not get the tires to spin unless I really try. I know it is comparing them to the Wrangler RT/S.

My experience with Goodyear tires have always been bad to the point where the Goodyear tires are replaced long before they are worn out. I just get to the point where I have had enough of the bad traction, road noise, and uneven wear.

With the Radial Long Trail T/A tires, I got exactly what I wanted. A good highway/on-road tire with little to no road noise, great wet traction (Only if I brake torque the tire on a wet road is when I can get them to spin), a smooth & comfortable ride, and good looks.

Something I have never seen with 5 different sized Goodyear tires on 5 different vehicles.

For the winter, I used dedicated snow tires. I got tired of seeing the aluminum wheels go to hell after a few winters in Ohio.

Tom

All I know is that the Sport Tracs are notorious for eating up tires. This is why I wouldn't spend over 6 bills for new tires. More power to ya though!!:p:p:p

Those "new" Wranglers sure do look an awful lot like the origninal Wranglers that came out in the '70s. The originals had the steel/kevlar and the tread design looks identical to me.

Those original wranglers were a compromise in every sense of the word. They only lasted about 30,000 miles and didn't perform exceptionally well in any condition.

Goodyear CAN make some good tires. However, they are usually only the very top of the line tires and they cost big bucks. Like Cayman, I have had very poor experience with every OEM Goodyear tire I have ever owned. The only good thing is they usually last forever, but that is bad if you are trying in your mind to justify replacing them because otherwise they are crap (noisy, vibration, no traction, hydroplaning, etc.)

No kidding! Expensive for Good 4 a Years. I paid 989.00 for a complete wheel tire set...BFG Mud Terrains with Ultra 164 wheels. Mounted, balanced installed with road hazard insurance.
[Broken External Image]:

I had the guy at Mavis Discount Tire in Westbury special order me a set of Pirelli Scorpion STRa tires after one of my RT/S melted. He didn't normally stock these Pirellis.

They've really stood up to everything NYC has thrown at them. $126 each installed with all the "side charges" + tax for all four.

I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

Latest posts