Bra or Bug Shield?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking Trac you got there , Melody !! I really like that color !!

Heather's is another that's on my top 10 list on this site.

Kevin ...I really like yours as well .....something familiar about it ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have clayed my ST twice, & waxed it four times since I bought it, and yes I waxed right over the hood guard. The bug guts come right off when I wash it too! I'm a detailing fanatic, and my husband says I need to go to detailers anonymous.. Then right after he said that, he wanted to know when I was going to wash and clay his F-150... LOL -Heather

LOL...I just got my ST Wednesday, and I am going tomorrow to buy cleaning stuff for it (I've been told Maguiars only!). It rained here yesterday, soooo surprising, lol...and there's all kinds of water spots everywhere...I'm guessing that means its time for a new wax job? What do you guys use to apply the wax, and remove it? I just ordered some towels from Fiber-works.com, will those be ok? Again, I have never done more than hose down prior vehicles, or run them through the wash at gas stations (can you blame me, I had a 13 yr old Honda, not exactly on the "Hot" list, so I didnt care...before I traded it in, I hadn't washed it in a year.) :eek:) I appreciate any and all info...you guys (and gals) are awesome!!

Melody

I use Maguiar's Quik Wax & Quik detailer in between waxings. I'm quite pleased w/ them.

I wash mine once or twice a week and I still use cloth baby diapers.......on my ST that is !!

I guess I'm just old school.

Mother's Showtime instant detailer blows away Meguiars in my opinion. I use the Mother's clay kit, and bought a bottle of their pure canuba wax. I use only microfiber towels, and 100% cotton

wamsutta towels on the paint. Wash the:D towels separate from other laundry with liquid detergent, and no fabric softener.. :D -Heather

p.s. sorry if I sound like longarm!

Nope, from what I've learned on autopia.org, you just can't layer it like you can the Mother's Synwax, and Meguiars NXT. I usually alternate every other time I wax, with pure carnuba and my synthetic waxs. For best results in between waxes and after each wax use a Wax booster like Mother's FX to keep that just waxed shine longer. FYI- pure carnuba can stain your black easier than the synthetic waxes will. If you get some on your trim, a Mr. Clean Magic eraser will take it right off. :D -Heather

Latest posts