brake dust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The brake dust on my 02 St is really bad.Should I be getting top quality rotors and pads or just put the cheap stuff on???The pad and rotors on now are from the dealer-warrantied at about 13000 miles now I have about 40000 miles on it.The brake dust is so bad it's left permanent marks on the rims.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks...........Jeff

Ahhh ... dust .... who cares. I put more importance on stopping power and not looks.

I have not used ceramic pads, how do they grab? do they get too hot too fast?

I use Wagner Thermo Quiet pads with good results and a decent amount of dust. In vehicles with brake problems, like the old Bronco's, I used Wagner Severe Duty pads, much better pad life.

I use ceramic pads and they work great without causing my rims getting covered. The "brake dust" is actually there but it doesn't get black. I can go as long as I want before washing without the black rims. They just get a dull finish to them. Try them out, you won't be disappointed. (I have ceramic pads and drilled & slotted rotors);)

My brother had ceramic pads on his Dodge Avenger. He removed them. He was not ahppy. Less braking power and he just didn't feel safe using them.

Tom

I run the Kleen wheels disk on the Trac and my wifes escape..they work great and look good also..