brake Job - Taurus

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Grumpy

Reaction score
To all you Brake Gurus (is that allowed) ;) 2 Q's for you,

I have done many, many brake jobs but only on my older cars. Never done antilocks. So, I need to do my kiddos 95 Taurus this weekend. The ABS light came on. During test drive I stomped 'em and the left front locked up. Bad sensor?? Or... ??

And, like I say, I can whoop the pads in and out, pull rotors, turn or replace as necessary, bearings etc. Is there any other ABS tips, tricks or anything I should know??

Oh yeah, I'll be changing the fluids too - speed bleeders and clean up after (I'll be by myself) or some other way??

I guess that is three non ST related Q's, but it is a Ford.

thanks guys and gals.

grump

If the front brakes stayed locked up, after stomping them...Probably the caliper pistons stuck...need to rebuild or replace the calipers..

Check the ABS sensor ring on the rotor...make sure all the teeth are clean and there is no debris in them. Also check the sensor itself, clean and free. Check the wiring, it's easy to damage the wiring when doing a brake job, it's best to usually unplug the sensor before you remove the caliper, then plug it back in when done.

Latest posts