brake pads for 02 4x4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M 4

Reaction score
Im going to replace the front pads and rotors on the Trac. Ive checked the posts and projects and it looks very doable. I do have a question though, I have read that the oem pads on an 02 are questionable. When I go to NAPA to order the pads do I order them for an explorer or a later model trac? Just want to get the best part. Any help would be appreciated.

Ford changed the requirement, ALL the aftermarket pads are the upgraded ones....

Just ask for the ones for your truck..

Todd Z

If you go to NAPA, get their Ceramix pads. Don't cost an arm and a leg, very little dust, and great feel. I've used them on a couple of my vehicles now and really like them.

I put Wagner ThermoQuiets on mine and just waiting on my new slotted &drilled rotors to come in so I can throw those on as well.

i recently bought raybestos rotors and pads from rockauto

for less than $100 shipped it is an extremely easy job to do.

they in turn sent me this discount code which is good through

december 5th and they said to share,

it will give you an extra 5% off. if you use rockauto feel free to use it.

Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* In our Java Catalog, enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.

* In our non-Java Catalog, enter your code in the "Discount Code" field of the Shopping Cart and click "Calculate Discount."

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on December 5, 2006; so don't wait!

thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate the info. Ive been putting this off but now there is a little chill in the air up here in MPLS. Hope to get it done before the snow starts to stay. Thanks Rich M.

Latest posts