Brake Pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art G

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but maybe I missed it.

What is the prefered brake pads to use on the 05 4x4 ST. I recently installed a set of Bendix pads titanium ceramics on my wife's 04 Explorer and they pulsate as you applied the brakes. I thought this would wear off in a few miles that was 5000 miles ago and they still do have a problem. Alto they have an excellent stopping quality, but I don't want to use that same pads on my ST.

Sounds like you need to either have the rotors turned (or replaced) on your wifes Explorer and that will more than likely resolve the pulsation problem. If they're too worn they'll have to be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the pedal pulsates, it could be the ABS kicking in, or a warped rotor..... IF the steering wheel is shaking it is the fronts, IF you feel it in the pedal it is either the ABS or the rears..

Todd Z

Thanks for your info on the 04 Explorer. That problem has been fixed already. But going back to my question. What is the prefered brake pads to use on the 05 4x4 ST. I'm just trying to find out if any of you got excellent result from a certain brand.

Latest posts