Brakes, Caliper & Rotor combo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 08, V8, 4.6, supercharged, and am looking for advice on a good recommendation of performance caliper and rotor kit,
I can’t find a Brembo package for my application, so hoping someone has a good experience. Thx in advance

I'm an original owner of a '08 V8 AWD Adrenalin and I did a Powerstop kit from Autozone based on a recommendation I found on the ST forum. It's better than way stock, but not but not Brembo like. I had 85k and I had the dealer replace the pads and was extremely disappointed. The original pads never really threw much brake dust, but the new pads would coat the factory chrome wheels within 20 miles. I went with this kit because of the ceramic pads (which do no not dust at all). I realize i may give up a little stopping power with the ceramic pads, but again, they are much better than the stock set up. I did have to bed the new pads and rebleed them. I'll say they do look undersized with the 20" wheels, but stop much better. I'll post pics front and rear later today.

1713625200214.png

Here are a couple pics of the kit installed. This is decent for daily use, (again, better than stock) but not a track ready solution. I was hoping for a little better performance, but the don’t throw any dust and they do stop better (and the red does match the Colorado Red.

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I'm running the Power Stop kit on my 2008 Colorado Red Adrenalin as well. The calipers are actually just rebuilt OEM units that are powder coated red. It's still good deal for a daily driver and you can ship the cores back to Power Stop and they'll mail you a check for a $120 or so IIRC.

Oval auto sells a bracket that you can modify a mustang wilwood kit with larger rotors and calipers. its not cheap but is doable and has been done. maybe 4 grand when all is said and done.

I’m running some slotted only rotors with akebono pads. Again, another upgrade from stock-and recovers quickly-minimal fade, but nothing near a true big brake setup. The other option is to do the 01 aviator setup, which takes the rotors up to 13”( I think). This is the most budget friendly upgrade to get decent sized brakes on the truck. Which it should have come with this size from the factory, considering its towing capabilities 🙄🙄🙄 Really don’t know what ford was thinking here.
There are few threads floating around on the aviator swap 🤘🏼

I am looking to sell the Adrenalin and the Shelby GT350R - I am the proud owner of 15 fused vertebrae - Todd, what’s the market in my red one these days? 106k I think everything is documented here - no rust, one owner, no accidents

Latest posts