Breather Intake Bypass

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
So I was looking at the project done by George C., and I was wondering are there any benefits? Performance or gas mileage wise? I have the Zabteck True Cold Air Intake installed currently and want to see if this will improve my performance or gas mileage in any way? And is it worth doing?

And since I have an opening, and cannot cap it, what can I use to plug it and where can I get it?

Thank you so much,

George T.

More recents pictures of my modded ST will be posted soon:banana:

You can use a 3/4 or 5/8 rubber cap, Or a body plug.....

Honestly there is NO MPG or HP gains..... It only helps keep the intake and TB clean..

Todd Z

Will a body plug seal the air intake enough so air doesnt leak out?

I honestly dont like the way my tube attaches to the intake, it just seems like it could be leaking. So I just want to get rid of it. Last time I cleaned my throttle body and intake, they were definetly dirty and greasy.

By the way, how often should I clean the Zabteck True Cold Air Intake filter?

Thanks Todd,

George T

George,

The body plugs are what the MAC intake uses on their 2002 intake with the 2 hose connection...

But you could CAP the adapter and do it that way... Remove the 5/8 hose.

As for cleaning, All depends on driving.... but i installed mine in 2005, and 40K miles later went to the Lville meet in 2010 and it did not need cleaning....LOL

I would say check it every 30K.......

Todd Z

Allright, that sounds good. I just dont want to take off the fender liner more than i have to check in order to check. But 30k sounds good.

Also, on my 04, it is different than the project. I dont have an existing rubber elbow to use to the valve cover. Mine is plastic and is connected to the tube.

Do you know how to take it off? It has a green tab on the end of the corner, but whenever i try to push it down, it doesnt seem to want to come off. Any ideas how to take off the breather tube without breaking it?

And where would I be able to find the rubber elbow? Autozone? Home Depot?

Thanks again,

George T.

The green thing is a locking clip.... you have to push it so it comes OUT of the slot it is locked in and then the hose comes off the cover.....

But you dont need an elbow..... You CUT the hose on the 04 and re install it....

See Link for instructions...

Todd Z

Thanks a lot Todd, now it makes sense. I love instructions when im doing something for the first time.

Thanks again,

George T.

Welcome

Todd Z

Latest posts