Bridgestone Dueler RVT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Cann

Reaction score

Anyone tried the Dueler RVT that Walmart is selling? They look really nice. I know they have been available in the USA for quite a while, but they are new to Canada (where I am)

Unfortunately they are not available in the 255/70R16 but they do have the 245/75R16

I am seriously thinking about trying some, they look a lot like the Dueler REVO which is a very highly rated tire by the tirerack.

You should just go up to 265/75R16...at least thats what I would since it looks more agressive. I agree, they do look a lot like the Revo's. They are actually almost the same price too. I wish tires werent so expensive.

But no, sorry I havent tried them yet. But if they are highly ranked, I say go for it. I dont think many people will have them on here due to their limited size availability.

I didn't realize you could put 265/75R16's on a stock truck, wouldn't they rub? or effect the speedo?

The main reason I am looking at the RVT's from Walmart is because I work there and have a 20% off staff day coming up which will put these tires at $132 each for me, the Revo's here in Canada are $200 each. So for a savings of $272 on a set of 4, it just makes sense to go with the Walmart ones.

No, they usually dont. If they do, it will be really minor. But you will get mixed answers, it really depends on the tires. Some people experience rubbing, others dont. Some even go up to 275/70R16 and experience only slight rubbing.

They do affect the speedo, i think by like .8 mph, or something small like that. Not a real noticeable difference.

Yea, I understand. It does make sense for you then.

Actually, I went on a tire size calculator website and there is over 3mph difference between the 255/70R16's vs. the 265/75/16's at 60mph, still not a huge difference though.

Anyone got pics of their trucks with different sizes of tires on them for a reference, some 265's or 275's?

Yea, my bad, you are right about the difference in the speedometer.

I know there were a lot of posts awhile back with people posting their ST's with the bigger tires. But I can't find it right now. Anyway, you can search the site, maybe you will find something more. The post that I linked below, has some pics and some info.

take a peek at my pics. they are 265 revos. best damn tire i've ever had the luxury of owning. also it really makes the truck look Boss. not cheap but I believe i have 30,000 on mine and the wear is amazingly low.

My Revo's have about 35k miles on them and need replacing. I'm not sure if we'll go with those again or not. The hubby and I are currently "discussing" if 35k is a good life for a tire. He just replaced a set of Big O's on his company truck that lasted several repairs and almost 70k miles. And he drives mostly dirt and 4x4 roads and I'm almost always on the pavement.

The biggest consideration is that my truck likes the Revo's better than any other tire we've put on it. The Revo's make the rear-end shake that we've had since day one very minimal. As is gets to time for a rotate and balance, it gets more noticeable. Sure wish we could figure that problem out.....

We tried to buy tires for our Jeep at Walmart and they would only install the factory size, they wouldn't go larger so we took our business elsewhere.

I have 265 70r16 tires on my truck and the Rear passenger side rubbs alittle and the fronts rub when maxed on turning and going over drive way curbs with the tire turned.

They are not the tires you discuss in this thread though.

Cheers

Whit