Bulldog Security Remote Start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hoskins

Reaction score
Anybody out there tried self-installing one of these (Bulldog Security Model 200 Deluxe available from Sams club)?

I've installed a different model (RS202) on an older GM product once, but it didn't have the Securilock Pats System.

Do you have to fish wires down the steering column?. Am also concerned about the GEM Wake-Up info I have read.

Any opinions on how the Bulldog Security Starters compare to other brands?

Thanks.

I usually recomend them to people that I put them in for. Out of the 150 or so that I've put in for people, I have only had a problem with 2. Seriously, for the no frills option Bulldog has it. It will start your vehicle and thats all you need. As for installing, they arent to bad. Go to this site and it will give you the wiring diagram for the ST. All the wires in the box do not get hooked up. Any questions feel free to e-mail me.;)

p.s.- I have put in other types, but compared to the others, if you just want it to start your car, Bulldog is the easiest to put in. IMHO;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this site...great advice!!!

lol had to post on this....DP as some of you know as *dodge person* had a bulldog security system. But it was the kind that you have to push the fob button to start the darn truck.

It worked great for 2 years!....

Well, up until, his buddies Pitbull pup ate the only fob he had! ha ha!!

once again a male thing not listening to the the female..."when I say order a new one just in case" maybe he'll listen next time! ha ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your replies and links. I'll probably wait until it warms up a bit before I tackle this project.

(And I'll be sure to keep my pets away from the Remote) :D

Stonemiser, have you installed one of these in the Sport Trac. If so could you possibly do a small write up specific to our Tracs. I would like to install one of these as well. I want the one that will also activate the door locks as I don't want to carry two fobs. I also think they have one with a built in alarm that I wouldn't mind having.

Stonemiser, have you installed one of these in the Sport Trac. If so could you possibly do a small write up specific to our Tracs. I would like to install one of these as well. I want the one that will also activate the door locks as I don't want to carry two fobs. I also think they have one with a built in alarm that I wouldn't mind having.

Latest posts