bumper hit and pushed up.. need help to fix it.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
ok i need advice on how can i straighten out the left side of my bumper.. cause someone had bumped my left side of my bumper. while my ST was parked at work.. who did it i havent a clue. i reported it to our manger but he said our personal vehicle's are parked at there own risk.. so i dont want to claim it on my insurance due to i have a deductable. and it is a thousand dollar. so i want to fix it myself.. so will it be easy to fix it.. the left corner of the bumper is pushed up toward the left fender well.. if that makes sence.. any help or advice will be helpful... like it there any bolts to be loosen to push the bumper down back in place.. thanks for any advice..

If u look at the mounting brackets from under the rear of the truck, you will be able to tell if it can be re-adjusted or if the mounts are bent. If the mounts arent bent, you will have to loosen them and then adjust it and re-tighten them. I hope that will help.

Duece

>who did it i havent a clue.

Do they have security camera's covering the parking lot? Most companies do, it's a good idea for their insurance liabilit,.

Per haps they can be checked to find the culprick?

After mine was hit, I found that the brackets are slotted and I was able to loosen and re-align the bumper. However, two of the four brackets and the hitch plate remain bent. They are not warped to the point that you can see from the outside because of the cover so I left them alone. If you need parts, I found them pretty reasonably priced at the following link.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your insurance company, and the state. It's a non-fault collision loss though. Different states have different regulations according to the Dept. of Insurance.

California there is no hit'n'run, no phantom vehicles. In order to waive your deductible / use your uninsured motorist property damage coverage we have to verify the other person is insured.

Washington is different. Hit'n'Run deductible is $300, Owner Identified as uninsured is a $100 deductible.

they have security cameras. but they dont use them. my bumper isnt bent that bad. it just the left side the is move. the corner of the bumper that ends at the end of the fender well on the rear.. its just move a little. the right side is about a good finger distance for the rear panel and the fender well.. and the left side i can barely get a finger between the rear panel. its a really tight fit.. so ill look under it and try to adjust it. thanks Duece and Phill.. cause i just got my ST in january and there wasnt any flaw with my truck.. and this happened like about april.. i was washing my truck and i notice the bumper. and i went and checked the pic i took when i first bought her. and it wasnt like that when i got it.. and i dont go anywhere except to and from work.. and when i do go to the store i park here way out in the parking lot where no one will park near me.. so im pretty sure it happened at work.. oh when the damage has been done. so now i just need to fix it.. thanks again everyone.. i really love this site. its really helpful..

You would think that parking away from everybody else would keep your car getting hit. 70% of the claims I take at work that are parked unoccupied vehicles are people who park away from everybody thinking nobody will hit them :p

If its the rear bumper, it makes ya want to invest in one of these,at least they will know when they hit ya. Ron