Bumper Step

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well your half way there, my buddy got 2 bully steps in oregon and opted to not get locking pins and in a week both got stolen at his house. it says your in woodland park, used to go to deckers area all the time 4 wheeling, a fun area
Yes. My place backs up to the canal in Algiers. I don’t guess I’m familiar with Deckers. Is that a street?

it is a recreation area with good trails, it runs by the platte river, some really advanced trails for 4 wheeling,, been a few years but really pretty area, my son in law is stationed by you at the academy and goes up there. sorry i was looking at brads location, it said co. my bad.

it is a recreation area with good trails, it runs by the platte river, some really advanced trails for 4 wheeling,, been a few years but really pretty area, my son in law is stationed by you at the academy and goes up there. sorry i was looking at brads location, it said co. my bad.
Gotcha. Oddly enough my street is named Woodland so I was curious where that much info was located lol

oh how funny,, yea my bad, i saw a woodland co, and was commenting on his location, yours is louisiana and is really cool area to, have a daughter stationed at shreveport and go there quite often. driven down to new orleans a few times.

oh how funny,, yea my bad, i saw a woodland co, and was commenting on his location, yours is louisiana and is really cool area to, have a daughter stationed at shreveport and go there quite often. driven down to new orleans a few times.
Ah cool. Have family up that way as well - Monroe mostly. That is actually where my ST came from.

Same problem here with the position of that receptacle. Never thought about the problem until I tried to put the locking pin on the first time. I end up unbolting the receptacle each time I mount the receiver hitch carrier for my dual sport motorcycle because that's a $600 unit that I don't want to find gone when I come back from riding the bike on the trails.

5ED5EB75-8F8A-4DA8-BEAA-73D85A040C60.jpeg

ended up getting a 2 pin set. I can get it to work ok with the smaller pin but if I wanted to use the large pin I would have to do what @Larry Michael did and unbolt the brake light receptical. This is the one I got (btw, it’s very well made)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0896YW2TN?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I saw some reports saying bumper guards can be unsafe due to the fact that they keep the airbag from deploying. There is lots of info on front bumper guards and grill racks but very little on rear from what I see. I would think if impact is severe enough to be dangerous, part of the other car is still going to hit the bumper but I don’t know.

on a very low impact i would much rather not have a deployment, on a even moderate impact a guard or cover would have no barring, my 04 f150 was hit at a angle pretty bad and the center radiator support brace is where sensor is located and no deployment, it twisted the bar sideways. with enough force a bumper guard in front would push right into the sensor. rear that i am aware of do not have any sensors, you have side and front impact, if equipped with side impact curtains.

on a very low impact i would much rather not have a deployment, on a even moderate impact a guard or cover would have no barring, my 04 f150 was hit at a angle pretty bad and the center radiator support brace is where sensor is located and no deployment, it twisted the bar sideways. with enough force a bumper guard in front would push right into the sensor. rear that i am aware of do not have any sensors, you have side and front impact, if equipped with side impact curtains.
ah, that makes sense. If you get hit from the rear, front airbags would only help on the rebound.

I saw some reports saying bumper guards can be unsafe due to the fact that they keep the airbag from deploying. There is lots of info on front bumper guards and grill racks but very little on rear from what I see. I would think if impact is severe enough to be dangerous, part of the other car is still going to hit the bumper but I don’t know.

My own personal experience is, I would rather a full guard on the front.
I also wear my seat belt every Single time im in a vehicle (would you ride a rollercoaster without restraints?)
Been in front & rear accidents & never had an airbag deploy, so I dont know how much safer a belt & airbag is firsthand.

Driving my old friends Mazda MX3 (TINY car!!!!)
Jeep cherokee with a full front guard rear ended us at a newly appointed Stop sign that used to be a Yield sign.
We stopped, she Yielded.
I say she was going 40+ mph on impact.

totally destroyed the rear end of the MX3
The cherokee?
Nothing but a few marks on the guard & thats it~!

Would have one on mine but I "planned" to do a body lift first. (not panning out)

Latest posts