Bumpers & Kick Panels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick C3C4

Reaction score
Bumpers & kick panels... though I'm sure this has been discussed here before I would like to know what are the options regarding painting, powder coating or replacing the gray bumpers and kick panels on a Sport Trac?

Most people on here appear to paint them. Usually either black, or to match the color of their ST. I would think that replacing them would be too costly, unless they are very damaged. Here is a link to a project for painting:

Yeah I thought replacing them would be too costly also, they're not damaged at all, I just want to make them look better on my wife's Sport Trac. Thanks for the link.

I use Meguiars "High GLoss" "Hot Tire Shine" Tire Coating on mine and it made them look new.

It lasts a long time and only $5.00 per can at Walmart.

i asked the body shop here how much it would be, it was 500 for a painted bumper.... that was last year sometime... crazy

I'm considering doing the panels and bumpers on my '03 Red Fire ST in a tan, but I think I'd like to see if someone else has done it yet.

And which is better, Duplicolor or Krylon Fusion?

I went high gloss PPG black...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: