Buying a Hitch/ u-hual

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
WEll college is over for me so that means i have to move back home now. I need to get a trailer for all my crap, but i need a hitch too. This is my question for anyone with a hitch: what brand/model would be the most concealed uner the bumper? I hate the way the big black bar looks just hanging there on some trucks. Also, has anybody here rented trailers from uhual with their st? I heard that they wont do it because of the whole firestone thing a few years back with the explorers.

One last thing, where is the cheapest place to get them? online?ebay? i went to school in prescott arizona so theres not much out here in terms of stores haha.

Thanks,

Conrad

I have a Valley Hitch with a UHual name tag on it. It is pretty well hidden except for the square of the reciever.

UHual will not rent to an Explorer of any type officially, but some have gotten away with it.

If you have de-badged, you might be able to tell them it is a mountaineer or aviator--you might get away with it.

Do NOT buy from Uhaul! Uhaul sucks and hates Explorers.

Uhaul will not rent you a trailer because you own a Ford Explorer. They have banned every rental to anything with an explorer tag on it. So...why buy one from them.

Hidden hitch is great.

Tell them it's a Ranger Sport Trac, or a 4door Ranger, or a 4door Ranger Sport or something. Heck, tell em it's a Lincoln Dogwood, one line down from the Blackwood...

I have a U-Haul hitch (purchased before they stopped renting trailers to Explorers) and I am very pleased with it for the price, but I bought it from another member about 5 years ago.

The Ford hitch is the most hidden. Only the square receiver hangs down below the bumper, but it cost a little more than the other hitches. The Hidden and U-Haul Hitches use a round tube that a little bit can be seen on both sides of the square receiver, but since they are black, they are not very noticable.

...Rich

I have a hidden hitch..it's hidden pretty good. As far as the Uhaul thing goes, this is what I do....Uhaul will allow you to place the order over the phone and pick up the trailer after hours. So, when I call them, I tell them it's for an F-150. Then I go to the store after closing and pick it up. Then I return the trailer with the trac pulling it back to Uhual when I'm done. I usually start making complaints about how unsafe I felt pulling the trailer with the trac and threaten to call their corporate office on them.....usually after that takes place, they will rip up your paperwork and let you drive off for free...........

Conrad,

Would you walk into a store and steal clothing? How is that any different? Theft is theft, as simple as that.

Tom

Latest posts