Cab leak from Interior Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James DeShon

Reaction score
On my 07 sport track I get a leak comming from my interior light, the water gets trapped in the light cover. 1) How do I take the light assembly off (hiddon screws or snaps) I am afraid of breaking the trim. 2) Does anyone possibly know the sorce of the leak? Thanks in Advance jim

Many of the newer ('07 +) tracs leak from the 3rd brake light. If your truck is parked on a hill, maybe it's getting to your light that way?

If it is your 3rd brake light, it's one of two things: the screws are supposed to have o-rings & and the factory seal is horrible at best, so replace it.

Good luck in your search for the "cause" of the problem.

Third brake light is almost always the culprate. Its been addressed quite a few times on here. For me, my '08 STA was covered under warranty, so they replaced the light, and I havent had an issue since

There are several posts on this subject, within this site . . . .

Below is a link to the latest one I recall seeing.

Try the Search button at the top for more pointers and also click the wrench by my name to see the write up I did for swapping the light.