CAI for my new F150 5.0L

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting a CAI for my new truck through Torrie and wanted some more information as to pro's and cons.

I've read a few blogs and very few say when installing it throws cell errors - very rare.

Torrie has sent me information on the AFE Stage 2 CAI and I just don't know enough about these to know if that's good - bad - or what. Does a Stage 2 mean there is/was a Stage 1? The information I've found states that I could get 9HP and 10Ft LB additional. Is this true? Does anyone know what kind of MPG I could get in addition as well?

Additionally, I have a student that builds "ricers" and said that because of the electronics in my Coyote engine, it'll take better advantage of the CAI and other performance items that an typical engine. Have no idea.

I've towed 7,500 pounds once and got 9.5 MPG. Will a CAI increase or decrease this?

Obviously, I know MPG depends on how heavy my foot is - but as I've said in older posts, I usually drive like an old lady - typically.

I've been picking Torrie's brain about other improvements as well and didn't want to keep hounding him so I thought I'd ask you folks.

Completed so far:

Magnaflow dual exhaust

Future improvements:

CAI (Torrie)

Tunner (Torrie)

Topper (Installed Tuesday, 3/1)

Just saving $$ to get it started

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
AFE is becoming popular by the minute... I have seen their name more and more.....

Making any engine Breathe ( AIR in and AIR out) makes power and with the right driving you can get a nice gain in MPG....

I know I also can do A TB for that truck...... Sorry.. Shameless plug !!!

Todd Z

Todd,

I bought a TB from you before for my V8 ST. made a big difference.

What do you think about this 5.0L engine? Along with the CAI (air in), Dual exhaust (Air out) and the tuner... Is this overkill?

I LOVE THIS TRUCK but I don't want over do it... it has to last me years and years and be able to tow 8k pounds often.

But I have to say, the pure power with the stock engine and the Magnaflow ONLY (at this time) is truly exhilarating!

How much for the TB? (email me if you prefer)

What year is the 150?

Jimmy, I can get these and the price would be the v6 price listed on my site for a new TB modified ...

Todd Z

Latest posts