Caliper slide pins

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makin Trax

Reaction score
hey, Has anyone had a siezed up caliper slide pin and been able to free it? if so how? I have had a squeak in my front passenger brakes for a few days and upon looking into it my lower slide pin is STUCK and my brakes will not release all the way. I have looked at ford website and they do not ist a caliper bracket just the caliper. I did later find one at rock auto parts. Thanks for your help and replies!!:D

I found removing the rubber boot off it and then pulling it out with pliers, or tapping with plastic or rubber hammer.....

Then wire brush it well, clean it over and over. If it has rust or damage, toss it out...

Lubricate it well and re install..

Todd Z

I had to heat my bracket cherry red to get it to come out. Destroyed the pin, but saved the bracket. Got the pins at Advance Auto Parts.

Tom

I just had that happen myself. My Dad has this stuff called "Rapid Tap". It's good for about anything and it only takes a dab. Apply, let it soak for a bit and once you get it to move you're good. Once you get it out do what Todd said. Oh! And one more thing, don't use a impact to tighten it back up. You'll break the bolt for sure.

I had to drill a set out on my buddies Ranger, it always seems to be the lowers, I've never had the upper pins give me any problems.

I usually lube my caliper pins once a year or so.

thanks for your help guys I priced another caliper bracket at 13 bucks plus 7 bucks for pins i'll most likely go this route thanks again:cool: