Can any body else wait till you can do this again?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Reaction score
This heat is starting to get crazy! I have lived in hot climates before but damm, 97% in Ohio? And to top it off, a heat index of over 105%! Like I said, I've lived in hot climates before but this is Ohio. I don't live in Southern Texas anymore. Man, I can't wait until I can do this again........

[Broken External Image]:

No thank you. Cold, wet, icy. No thank you. I would rather be hot and sticky. I can walk around bare footed and spend time in my favorite room...outside.

Tom

By the By..Anybody into the Weather Channel? Whazzup with the HOT weather this year.

I live in the Nashville area and it's been the hottest year in seven years. Is this 'El Nina, or What.

Heat warnings, Heat Index warnings, etc...

It was 105 degrees here today in Kollyfornya's Central Valley, and it's been in the triple digits for the past week and a half. Tomorrow I'm heading up to Tahoe for a couple of days off, and I might just go off roading up to some snow in the mountains! (There's still a patch or two of it left up high... in the shade!)

Granted, we don't have near the humidity that the least coast or midwest has, but it's still hot!

But in the meantime, here's a winter pic....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pansies, the lot of you, lol, j/k.

It has been unusually warm a bit earlier then normal, but it's about average around here (similar to waht Cliff describes, very high 90's with heat indexes well over 100). The air is so thick it looks like fog. Makes working on the trucks a bit less enjoyable, but eh, you just move the fan a lil' bit closer.

By the By..Anybody into the Weather Channel? Whazzup with the HOT weather this year.

I live in the Nashville area and it's been the hottest year in seven years. Is this 'El Nina, or What.

Heat warnings, Heat Index warnings, etc...

I can't wait either, this will be my first winter with the Trac! This is actually my first 4WD so I'm ready to take on the snow and Buffalo NY brings plenty of it!!!!:D

take it easy on the 4wd Heather, it isn't a miracle worker.

But be especially easy on the 2wd, the trac has too much pickup for its own good and fishtails easily in the snow. It gets control back pretty easily and has saved my life on numerous occasions, but it can be freaky and fun at the same time.

I almost bit it on the FDR Drive in the rain, but the Trac pulled through.

And I don't like the abuse my Trac takes in the snow, salt, plows, pileups, no thank you.

I do wish it were cooler out, I have no AC at home. :angry:

Nobleman- No intentions on going crazy in the snow, I'm just happy to have 4WD, I will have more control that I did with out it. I actually bought the Trac because of the difficulty I had in the snow, where I live there are many open fields so the snow just drifts over the road making it almost impossible to get through with anything other than a truck. I've had a couple "off road" experiences in the snow...hope the Trac will prevent this!

Yeah, yall kinda over react out there on the west coast. It's 87 here, 98 with the heat index, and a nice low humidity at 74%. I think it was like 92, with a 106 heat index, and 95% humidity yesterday. I would gladly take yalls 100+ dry heat days over our 80degree 100% humidity days.

Snow? What's that? I know what ice is, and how to avoid it on the road, never had a snow problem before, lol.

Should bump 100 in Atlanta today with umidity in the high 90's. I remember when the Olympics were here in 1996 and all the foreign athletes freaked over teh humidity. Some friends rode with the American and Russian mountain bikers on our home trail in Bham. Even the Americans (used to riding in CA and CO) were dying in the humidity.

I personally would rather be too cold than to be too hot. In the Cold, you always put on another pair of socks, another blanket, a thinker coat, ect,ect. In the heat, once you get down to naked, there's not much more you can do. I used to really like the hot climates. Although I was on Active Duty in the ARMY and was about 65 pounds lighter too. I have the addition of natural insulation accumulated from 3 years of being out of the ARMY now. LOL

Latest posts