Can you beat this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh mcleod

Reaction score
Every once and awhile I see fellow members post about hitting the 100,000 mile milestone or more. For my Trac that's gonna take a looooooong time. I just hit 70,000 kilometers (43,000 miles). I have an 05 XLT 4x4. Just wondering if I have the lowest mile Gen1 ST in the world!:driving:

Two years ago my '01 had 56k when I bought it. I'm sure there's some other low mileage '04 and '05s.

Are you asking me if I want to buy yours?

A low mileage contest? Isn't that something no one wants to win?

Last I looked, my ST had well over 140km on it, that being 140,000 miles not kilometers (seriously Canada, miles work, KM don't). So you've got me beat, well, I'm still confused on this whole thing but I'll go with it :bwahaha:

Though I can see maybe why your mileage is so low, last time I was in Canada gas came out to be over a dollar more than it was in America per gallon (sigh, liters. The liter is too small for this). I can only imagine how outrageous it could be now.

Yes our gas prices suck, but the metric system still rules!. The only reason my Trac is so low in KILOMETERS is because I'm a long distance truck driver. My commute to work is 10 mins and I only do it once a week at the most.

:fire: miles/gallons

I'm only putting about 5k miles on mine now but when I lived in Atlanta I put 40k on in two years.

2001 with 44466 miles. We bought her new and are the original owners. She's still a pretty girl.:banana: [Broken External Image]:

Your truck sure is in nice shape!

I'll post some pics of my Trac and the latest mods I've done. I always use my phone for the website. Need to blow the dust off the computer and upload some pics

Well I would say just about everyone has me beat...

Bought my 2004 Adrenalin new with 9 miles on it, in June 2004...

Currently today, September 2012, it has 160,000 miles on it.

I remember hearing that the average American drives 15,000 miles a year. I guess that applies to Canada as well lol. I know I drive well in excess of 15k miles a year. Are you guys with such low mileage not using the ST as your daily driver? I see that Canadiantrucker isn't. I wish my commute were that short.

The math with metric can be a lot easier, but I still don't see it as being practical. The units don't match up very well to everyday measurements I find. The liter is too small for meting out gasoline, but the "next biggest" measurement is too big. The meter is too big for most measurements and the "next smallest" measurement is too small. It's like Goldilocks.

I will say that the Kilometer makes distances in Canada feel a lot shorter, which is a nice touch with the country being so gargantuan. Though I don't think I'll ever understand "running a 5k" (especially on quarter-mile track). Why not just run 3 miles?

The whole kilogram = weight thing is still confusing to me. That's not what science class taught me.

Olympic Soccer (or European Football) still uses yards and feet. They're on to something :grin::grin:

My Trac is a daily driver but because I'm a long distance truck driver I don't drive as often as most people. She'll sit at work for 5-10 days. I rarely do hwy MILES, mostly city and the odd trail.

As for the whole metric standard thing- only being 27 years old, Canada switched to metric before my time so it was what I learned in school. Canadian football uses yards, many of my tools are SAE, and being an international truck driver I don't have a problem with miles vs kilometers.

The whole us gallon and imperial gallon is just f n confusing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me, got 269,000 miles in my 2001 ST, that's like 432,913 kilometer [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts