Can't find the right bulbs!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Easley

Reaction score
Heyo,

I took the radio bezel apart to install a new radio and thought why not change the bulbs in the switches (4x4, rear window, fog lights) because they were burnt out...

I took the lights to advance auto parts - no luck. They directed me towards NAPA - no dice. Then they sent me to the Ford dealership - they said I can only get those bulbs if I buy a new switch - NOT GUNNA HAPPEN The switches work fine. :angry:

So I turn here for help! The only real idea is to go diving into some radio bezels in the junk yard, but that is a 50/50 chance on whether or not they work...

Can you guys help me out? They look like this:

e1d8088393b6e3719cb3c4686d80cc5f.jpg

Thanks!

J.B.

Can you measure the voltage at the source.

Buy the LED's. Either solder them to the base. Or solder them to the board.

They look like LED's inserted into a base recepticle.

The 2 small ones look as if the led wires are the connectors, on the base.

The other 2 are probably simular.

If you lived closer. I think I could do it for you.

Di something simular last week. On a lighted multi power point. Changed the color from blue to green.

Just need to know the voltage and go to radioshack.

THERE MAY BE HOPE! What do you think?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Finstrument.html

:grin:

Just to add, there's no listing at PepBoys for these bulbs. I went there last week looking for the same exact thing. I'll pull my console and see if I can determine the voltage later tonight.

I've replaced the bulb in my foglight switch using bulbs like these in the link below. Try searching this seller and others on ebay. You may have to switch the actual bulb over to your base. Oh and be careful with the little gel-cover that gives the blueish color.....

Haven't forgotten about you JB, just ran out of time tonight. I pulled the faceplate off and then dismounted the environmental controls faceplate to uncover the bulbs I needed to replace. Fortunately Ford chose to employ a twist-lock bulb socket:

These are T2 #24 wedge bulbs:

[Broken External Image]:

I'll post more as I find info. Autolumination.com is a good resource as well. I have included a resourcefor their instrument panel selection.

Latest posts