car alarms

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEVIN BRODIE

Reaction score
i was wandering if anyone bought there own alarms and installed them and i was wondering what kind i am lookinf for one with remote start and lcd any suggestions??????????

I bought an Avital and it works as designed. I do not think it works any better than a Viper, Hornet, or Audiovox, etc.,etc, any of these should suit your needs. I wanted mine so that I had the remote door locks in addition to the alarm. You will need a wiring diagram of the truck before you start. Having a basic understanding of electricity is a must. I'm not sure how the remote starts work with the passive theft deterrent. You may have some problems getting this to work, and probably even more problems with your insurance company if it gets stolen.

I didn't install mine but it is a Cliford 3.5 Autostart/Alarm with remote door locks and due to the way I had it installed it also activates the windshield defroster and the driver seat heater if ambient temp in the cab is <55 degrees F.

Latest posts