CC and light fuse pics - need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sefus sefus

Reaction score
Wow pics are huge so check my libary please.

My 2001 could have the good ole cruise control problem and I confused myself on what color should be what so here's a pic for someone to tell me if I need to get the correct/recalled plug changed out

Next is my daytime running lights. As far as I've diagnosed, I've got a Canada spec model and hate not being able to select if my lights are on or not so I need to know which fuse to pull.

And finally heres a pic of my rig just for giggles, its stock (as far as I know) seeing as I just bought it last month. Thanks everyone!

-Sefus

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you have the cruise control switch problem. It's the red piece there that gives it away.. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

Not sure about that fuse..

Welcome to the site!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures, I'm not going to deal with the ford dealership i bought this thing from, so where is the best place to order that plug from?

Check with the site sponsor, Walls Ford I believe... You can follow the links on the left under sponsors to get to their website..

;)

As i said before on an earlier post, I have the RRL on my 01 ST. I failed to say though that the bad thing about them is there is no on/off on them unless there is something on the DRL module. I am in the United States and had them added later when they became available, maybe 02 or 03. I imagine the Canadian version and the add on US version are the same. Look at it this way, it is a lot easier to see a vehicle in the daytime with the DRL's and they are running at less power and strength of your headlights. I may be wrong but I think there are some insurance companies that give you a discount if you have the DRL's. When the DRL's first came out I did nit like them. But as I got older and my eyesite got worse, I realized that I could see vehicles better in the daytime with them. If you don't want the DRL's, You need to go to a Ford dealership and talk to the service manager to see if they can unhook them without messing up your headlights or anything else.

Yeah I'm not too big on not being able to control functions of my rig. I se the point of them but I like to have the lights off or just on parks so I dont blind people when I dont need to. I'm defenitly not going ot go to a dealership to ask them about it, cause trust me, with the ones we have in my AO, they dont know squat. I'll check out the site sponcer though for the CC part. Thanks!

You could get you answers on both items from Walls Ford. They will probably send you the wiring harness fix for the cruise control if they can. It is more than likely that a Ford dealer will have to install the cruise control fix so if there is a fire caused by it they would be responsible. Some on here had gone on and replaced the red switch, but they went in when the recall came in. They did that to get their money back and maybe by getting the dealers verification, Ford would still be responsible in the case of a fire. I know of some that went in with the recall. The dealer didn't have the part and Ford told the dealers that they had to unplug it till the part could be put on. The service manager told them if they plugged it back in without the fix, Ford would not be liable. You do not pay for the fix at all. So it might be worth it to take a trip to the next closest dealership. If you do, call first to make sure they have the part in stock and to put you on their schedule. That way they would have the part when you got there and they wouldn't unplug it. I think that once they get started, it only takes 15 minutes to fix. If yours happens to be a US one like mine, the light module should be able to be taken off. Also I think the module they added on mine is under my dash close to the light switch. There probabally is a in line fuse coming out of it. Removing that fuse might turn that off and let you use the headlight switch without having the DRL's working. I remember seeing the module before it was put on. I don't remember if there was a fuse or any type of adjustment or switch on it. I ordered the module from Ford and was going to put it on myself. I then thought of my lack of knowledge on vehicles and my luck and decide to let someone who knows what they are doing, put it on. I hope you can get it worked out to what you want.

Latest posts