CD Eject Error

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
Getting the "CD Eject Error" on the 6-disk unit. Saw old threads, and will try either the fuses pull, or negative cable to rest, and hopefully, get the CD's out.

Anyone have success with another method?

Thanks

A couple thing to keep in mind:

If you have inserted CD's that have paper labels affixed to them, the labels could be the cause of the problem. Never use CD's with added labels. This unit is notorious for that. If you do have this issue, the CD may just be catching on that label and getting stuck. You would need to look into the slot and carefully insert a very small thin blade to gently pry the stuck CD off of whichever edge it is caught on. The CD should be able to be removed.

Another issue is that there seems to be insufficient air flow behind the dash and the radio unit gets extremely hot. When it gets it gets too hot you will see these eject failures. Try waiting overnight and try in the morning when it has cooled down. That is usually what allows me to remove stuck CD's in my unit.

I had the same issue, I finally changed out the unit. Until then I found that if I slid a credit card into the CD slot and "bumped" the CD it would eject.

UPDATE: Tried the fuses, and the batt cable. Now the radio thinks there are no CD's in there. Crap!

Now, I only disconnected the batt for appx 15 minutes. The saved channels were still there.

Maybe I should leave them disconnected longer, or even overnight, to compmetely clear?

I think the gen1 6disc programs the stations into some type of ROM memory. I have had my neg cable off for hours. Never lost my stations.