CD Error

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Wainwright

Reaction score
I have a 2002 SP with a 6 CD audio unit. I am getting CD error and it will not play any of the CD's and will not eject them. Is there a "reset" anywhere?

Thanks,

JO

In theory there is....

There are two fuses, one is for memory and the other is for power once the radio is turned on.

Remove BOTH fuses and it will default back to original settings and generally clear most glitches.

Mine did that all the time before i tossed it. But I had to remove the negative terminal from the battery and that fixed it for me.

It happened to me when i would try to eject a cd and it would get stuck, check to see there are no stuck cds part way out. If thats the case i used my driver licence of a debit/credit card to put pressure up of down on the cd so the mechanism can spit it out. then it worked great.

Hope that Helps

Mike

I just went through this on the '05 ST I just bought. I found 2 'fixes' online. The first was about pulling the fuses, the other was to press the 3 & 6 buttons while the radio is on & in FM1 mode. This puts the radio in a test mode & should clear some errors. After letting it run through test mode turn truck off & open door (turn radio off completely) for about a minute, you may have to do this a few times. I ended up running the test mode a few times=didn't fix it, then pulled fuses=didn't fix it, ran test mode a couple more times & it worked. You'll probably know right away when you turn the radio on if it worked because if it's going to give the eject error you'll hear a whirring sound for about 30 seconds when the radio first comes on. If you've cleared the error you shouldn't hear that noise.

My project now for my radio is that someone before me replaced the stock '05 radio with a '07/'08 model Ford radio with an AUX button/input. Only problem is they didn't install the wire/jack to allow use of this feature so I have to try to find that wire/plug somewhere & install it. I'm thinking maybe a junkyard & look at some late model Explorers?

What would I do with out you!!!!. Took off the Negative connection to the battery and then put it back on and out popped the CD. Everything is working again. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOO much!

Jo